• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Your mission, Bulls!

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

Just ignore them, I cannot hold it against someone if they grew up a Gator/Nole/Cane/Crimson Tide/whatever fan and remain that way. I changed alliegences (from ND to USF) but not everyone is going to do that.

I always use the same example, my best friend's roomate at UF was a die hard Nole, his side of the dorm room was practically Garnett and Gold. While he got razzled here and there on, not very many really cared all that much that he was a Seminole walking around campus.

Then there was the case of the kid at USF who was wearing a Gator hat, someone called him bandwagon before class and he explained that he was at UF, but his mom was diagnosed with cancer and was going to Moffit. He transferred down to help take care of here.

Then there was the case of a Bulls fan (if you're reading this speak up) that goes to UF, wears her Bulls stuff during the weeks and even has Bulls tags on her car. She explained that she has never had any problems and has only gotten compliments from people around campus.

Yes, I hate it as much as you do, but going up and "talking" or making an example of someone is just stupid. If you don't know their story and don't know why they may be wearing it leave them alone. I don't expect all people to change their allegiances in sports, especially when they are a die hard fan. Kids in college right now didn't have the opportunity to grow up Bulls fans. When they do you will see a lot less Orange and Blue/Garnett and Gold/Orange and Green.

great post

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

this might work, walk up to the person wearing (insert school name here) hat or shirt, and be like "what school do you go to?" they tell you usf, you then ask, "Did you get into (insert school name here)?  They will most likely say no, and you say "So your supporting a school who didn't want you, yet your at a school that did want you, so why don't you support USF?"

Wow so you seem to think the only people that go to USF are rejects from other state schools. Clearly *you* are the one who thinks so highly of the university, and we should all strive for *your* attitude ...

this might work, walk up to the person wearing (insert school name here) hat or shirt, and be like "what school do you go to?" they tell you usf, you then ask, "Did you get into (insert school name here)?  They will most likely say no, and you say "So your supporting a school who didn't want you, yet your at a school that did want you, so why don't you support USF?"

Wow so you seem to think the only people that go to USF are rejects from other state schools. Clearly *you* are the one who thinks so highly of the university, and we should all strive for *your* attitude ...

dosent surprise me from that kid. maybe he was on of the few rejects from all the other schools to get in. The majority of our students dont fit that assessment.

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691
  • Days Won:  0

all i can say is wow.... i really hope you don't believe everyone attends USF because it was thier only option  ::)

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

did i say it was the persons only option?  if they got into uf, or fsu, or um, and they choose to come here over there, there is a reason why, and they shouldn't be wearing their stuff.  now if they did not get in to one of those schools yet still wear their gear, thats when my idea comes in.  and no randy, i did not even apply to uf, fsu, or um, i grew up a canes fan so there was no way i was ever going to go to uf or fsu, and um was too much money for me to go there.  i only applied here and fiu, and i choose to come here.  so shut your fat mouth up.

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

Just ignore them, I cannot hold it against someone if they grew up a Gator/Nole/Cane/Crimson Tide/whatever fan and remain that way. I changed alliegences (from ND to USF) but not everyone is going to do that.

I always use the same example, my best friend's roomate at UF was a die hard Nole, his side of the dorm room was practically Garnett and Gold. While he got razzled here and there on, not very many really cared all that much that he was a Seminole walking around campus.

Then there was the case of the kid at USF who was wearing a Gator hat, someone called him bandwagon before class and he explained that he was at UF, but his mom was diagnosed with cancer and was going to Moffit. He transferred down to help take care of here.

Then there was the case of a Bulls fan (if you're reading this speak up) that goes to UF, wears her Bulls stuff during the weeks and even has Bulls tags on her car. She explained that she has never had any problems and has only gotten compliments from people around campus.

Yes, I hate it as much as you do, but going up and "talking" or making an example of someone is just stupid. If you don't know their story and don't know why they may be wearing it leave them alone. I don't expect all people to change their allegiances in sports, especially when they are a die hard fan. Kids in college right now didn't have the opportunity to grow up Bulls fans. When they do you will see a lot less Orange and Blue/Garnett and Gold/Orange and Green.

well put. The program I graduated from had alums of UF, FSU, and any other number of schools in it. I still wore my alma mater's stuff at USF while STILL loving the Bulls. And I'll say now as I said then, I wish a mfka WOULD try and tell me why that's wrong.

andy you made the post that makes it appear all usf students are rejects from other school's. I am glad that is what you think of your school.

Or did you stutter?

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981

I can understand a USF student that grew up being a gator, or that graduated from somewhere else, refusing to give up on his team. However, I can't stand bandwagon students that will wear another team's stuff just because they are hot, and/or they think USF sucks.  

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

did i say it was the persons only option?

I'm pretty sure you did, unless you meant something else by this:

"Did you get into (insert school name here)?  They will most likely say no

I'd love to know what else that could mean. The "most likely" part, specifically.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Exactly!  My wife was a National Merit Scholar and received offers from scads of schools for full-ride ACADEMIC scholarships.  She could have gone pretty much anywhere she wanted and not have paid a dime for anything (i.e. tuition, books, room & board, etc.).  And guess where she WANTED to and DID pursue her education......that's right, The University Of South Florida, alma mater hail to thee!!!!!!!!!!