• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rich Rod staying in WVU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  286
  • Days Won:  0

Whoa BullHonkey, read what I wrote, never said for sure. I said I didn't think he would stay just from what most reports (including Dennis Dodd ofCBS and Ivan Maisel of ESPN) were saying. Included a link

I think at this point, he's gone. But you never know, Steve Spurrier agreed to a deal with the Bucs in 1995, and reneged the next morning. Joe Paterno did the same thing to the Jets in 1977. Coaches change their mind.

When 2-3 outlets are reporting he signed a deal I'm going to tend to believe what they say. I was just giving my opinion from what I read, however did state the above in the end.

I tend to put a more stock in your post compared to most.  After reading your post on this topic I thought for sure rich was heading to alabama.  I am quite pleased that he's staying in the Big East.  You do good work most of the time though.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

I just don't believe USF is the right university for Vic.

Maybe you misunderstood his question ..... WHY do you think USF is NOT the right university for him?

Even I could answer this better than him, even if I had to make something up:

1.  Nearly all of his friends are attending a different university.

2.  He really likes a specific coach.

3.  He grew up watching and aspiring to play for another program.

4.  He's a small town type of kid that might not want to go to a huge school.

5.  He's in the mafia, he's a communist, he's evil, or has some other similarly awful reason for disliking USF.

• Content Count:  1,080

That's no answer, it's repeating the same thing you already said in a different way. How do you justify that statement?

I don't need to justify it...it's my opinion.

Maybe you misunderstood his question ..... WHY do you think USF is NOT the right university for him?

I voiced my opinion.  There's nothing to be gained by getting into the details  here, so with respect for Victor's privacy I won't.

Besides, as far as I know he hasn't expressed any interest in USF.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  622

I voiced my opinion.  There's nothing to be gained by getting into the details  here, so with respect for Victor's privacy I won't.

Besides, as far as I know he hasn't expressed any interest in USF.

he did put USF on his list...as earlier mentioned....i guess that doesnt count

he did put USF on his list...as earlier mentioned....i guess that doesnt count

How do you know Victor Anderson is the person that put USF or any of the schools on that list?  

From Scout.Com   Victor Anderson

Schools of Interest:

School      Interest Level                   Offer?       Visit Date  Signed LOI?

West Virginia      Soft Verbal           Yes       12/02/2006      

Louisville         Med Interest       Yes         None      

[highlight]Kentucky       No Interest [/highlight]           Yes       12/08/2006      

Tennessee      No Interest           Yes        None

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=391&p=8&c=1&nid=1654334      

Why doesn't this list match the other list posted by ET?

Is one more accurate than the other?  If so why?

Notice how the lists say that he has no interest in Kentucky....Now a look at what they report in an article listed on the left top of the page.

4-star RB visiting UK this weekend Premium Story

By Rob Gidel

Scout.com

Date: Dec 8, 2006

Louisville (Ky.) St. Xavier HS star running back [highlight]Victor Anderson will be in Lexington, Ky. over the weekend for his second official visit.[/highlight]

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=48&p=2&c=598928&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fkentucky.scout.com%2f2%2f598928.html

You can go with the information you read on websites, but I'll stick with what I hear from people that I know who  know Victor Anderson.  

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  622

i know people who know people as well  ;D

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  431

That's no answer, it's repeating the same thing you already said in a different way. How do you justify that statement?

I don't need to justify it...it's my opinion.

With a statement like that on a BULLboard you have to expect further inquiry. I respect that he may have personal reasons for not wanting to go to USF, but why wouldn't you just say he probably has personal reasons in the first place and not egg people on? Most would take a statement like that, in the context that it was made, as a slap in the face of the USF football program. Although it's your prerogitive, responding with a statement about it being your opinion and not needing to justify it is a slap in my face.

With a statement like that on a BULLboard you have to expect further inquiry. I respect that he may have personal reasons for not wanting to go to USF, but why wouldn't you just say he probably has personal reasons in the first place and not egg people on? Most would take a statement like that, in the context that it was made, as a slap in the face of the USF football program. Although it's your prerogitive, responding with a statement about it being your opinion and not needing to justify it is a slap in my face.

I was expressing my own opinion...I was not speaking for Victor Anderson nor have I ever claimed to be speaking  for Victor Anderson.

USC and Texas both have top notch football programs, that doesn't mean either one is the right university for every great prep school football player in the country. If "most" would take that as a slap in the face to the Longhorn and Trojan football programs then that's their problem.

USF and USF football are not the right choice for every swinging Richard on the planet who plays football and IMO anyone who thinks it is needs to seek professional help.

Opinions are just that... opinions...one doesn't need to justify their opinions to anyone.

Slap in the face???  If that's what you think....here's what I think... you need to grow some thicker skin.   :-* :-*