• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A'Jami Guyton WR/DB Athlete

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,653
  • Days Won:  29

yahoo/rivals:

Rumors of so-called "package deals" always swirl around as recruiting season heats up. With Rutgers pulling in three recruits from a single school – New Rochelle of New York – in 2005, you have to wonder if more good things will be coming in groups this year.

The optimism centers on news broken on the Round Table last night concerning a Homestead (Florida) High School foursome who – thanks to a visit by Coach Demarest – will be visiting Rutgers next weekend.

Guyton says that he is being recruited as an "athlete", which means that he will get a look on both sides of the ball, either at receiver or defensive back. [highlight]He holds written offers from[/highlight] the University of Ohio, Minnesota, Illinois, Pitt, [highlight]USF[/highlight] and Marshall, with strong interest from Miami, UCF, Michigan State, Alabama and Rutgers.

Ht: 5-foot-10  

Wt: 179 lbs

Forty: 4.5 secs

Florida three-star may visit Ole Miss

By Dave Childers, Publisher – Rivals.com

Ole Miss head coach Ed Orgeorn is always in the market for playmakers and skilled defensive players and a Rivals.com three-star rated prospect could bring that to the field for the Rebels.

A'Jami Guyton, a 5-foot-10, 179 pound athlete from Homestead, Fla. with 4.5 speed in the 40-yard dash says he's interested in Ole Miss and may take an official visit next month.

Guyton received a visit last week from Ole Miss offensive line coach Art Kehoe, who is recruiting him for the Rebels.

"He was just telling me how they could use me on the offense and that they also need good defensive players," Guyton said.

Guyton describes himself as a good athlete who can play offense and defense and also as a real good punt returner.

Guyton has helped his team to a 6-4 record this year while playing receiver, quarterback and handling returns. He had 11 touchdowns, 1,200 passing yards, a touchdown catch, two punt returns for touchdowns and four rushing touchdowns.

Guyton said he has recently added offers from Miami and Rutgers to go along with offers from Ole Miss, Minnesota, South Florida, Central Florida and Pittsburgh.

The athlete said he is in no hurry to make a commitment and says he's wide open when it comes to his recruitment.

He's already visited Central Florida on Dec. 1 and is set to trip to Rutgers this weekend. Next month he plans to visit Miami and also possibly Ole Miss.

"I'll visit if they want me to visit," Guyton said. "I'm definitely interested in Ole Miss and would love to take a visit there."

[highlight]Guyton says he'll go to the school that recruits him the hardest and says those schools are now Miami, Central Florida, Rutgers, and Ole Miss.[/highlight]

One thing that could affect Guyton's recruitment is where Godbrother Darran Kinsey decides to go to school. Kinsey is a 6-foot-1, 235 pound linebacker with 4.56 speed and a three-star rated prospect who attend Gulliver Prep in Miami.

The two want to attend college together and are being recruited by many of the same schools, but not included on Kinsey's list is an offer from Ole Miss.

"He's always telling me that he wants me to go to Miami so our parents can come watch us play," Kinsey said in a Canesport.com interview. "But I don't know if he'll go to Miami. We talk about schools - he asks what I think, and he asks me where he should go. We want to go to the same school together, to play together."

The two speak with each other on a daily basis.

"We've known each other since we were 5," Kinsey said. "We act like we're real brothers. We've been together with each other all our life. That's my brother and my best friend."

Guyton said he was named to the all-county team this week and is ranked the No. 57 top athlete by Rivals.com and the No. 72 top prospect in Florida.

Guyton said he took the ACT recently and doesn't have the results back but felt he did well. He estimates his GPA to be in the 2.4 range.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

**** it ole miss... they stole Dexter Mcluster right out from under us last season.

But I think this is a less of a "need" as RB was last year.

Can't get 'em all  ;)

I feel pretty good at LB in 2007:

Moffitt is a SR

Mompremier is a JR

C. Robinson a SO

Peoples is a SO

Hess is a SO

Miller is a SR

Spires(expected - 99.99% JuCo) is a SO

The possibility of the Transfer from Iowa St. (even if he sits out 2007)

Then all these FR - Joseph-2 Star, McQueen & Glover were both 3 Stars according to Rivals.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Don't forget Pequese... he's a freaking monster.

Pequese was moved to DE