• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bowl Ticket Numbers...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  231
  • Days Won:  0

TAMPA - It's not Krzyzewskiville, but as ticket-line tent cities go, you could call it perhaps Leavitt-town.

USF purchased 500 $30 tickets for the Papajohns.com Bowl to give to the first 500 students at the Sun Dome ticket office Wednesday morning, and the line started forming at 8:05 p.m. Tuesday, when junior Alan Fereiras and friends set up camp for the night as the Bulls men's basketball team still played inside.

"It was just a cool idea to have fun with everyone, a great experience," said Fereiras, who stayed warm next to a barbecue grill. "I was happy the school did it for us. For all the support we've given them, they're giving back to us. It's pretty neat."

By 9 a.m., when tickets were distributed, the line was about 300 long. As it turns out, students didn't need to camp out. By 9:35, there was no line, with about 150 seats unclaimed, and at 3 p.m., there were tickets available.

USF associate athletic director Tom Veit said more than 3,000 tickets have been sold in the first three days, well ahead of last year's pace for the Meineke Car Care Bowl in Charlotte, N.C. The Bulls have been allotted 10,000 tickets and hope to improve on the 6,200 sold last season.

http://www.sptimes.com/2006/12/07/Sports/USF_faithful_shows_th.shtml

That is good news... except there is an issue.

Last year, the tickets went on sale based on priority order... which means higher priority donors could order first... then lower priority donors... etc.  This year they are taking orders for everyone THEN allocating seats based on who ordered and how many tickets.

I could be wrong, but if I remember correctly, the general public couldn't order tickets for a few days after they went on sale...

So it is easier to be ahead of last year's "pace".  

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

According to gousfbulls.com…

There are no more student tickets left and they also bought 140 companion tickets.

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

According to gousfbulls.com…

There are no more student tickets left and they also bought 140 companion tickets.

http://www.thebullspen.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/nph-YaBB.pl?num=1165418825

By 9:35, there was no line, with about 150 seats unclaimed, and at 3 p.m., there were tickets available.

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=714606

I was referring to the first post.

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

That is good news... except there is an issue.

Last year, the tickets went on sale based on priority order... which means higher priority donors could order first... then lower priority donors... etc.  This year they are taking orders for everyone THEN allocating seats based on who ordered and how many tickets.

I could be wrong, but if I remember correctly, the general public couldn't order tickets for a few days after they went on sale...

So it is easier to be ahead of last year's "pace".  

I think you are correct Jim, Anyway you slice it I have the following views:

5,000 sold is what I expect.. And yes I reserve the right to slap anyone in the future who bitches when we do not get invited to 2nd tier bowls who can't show me a ticket purchase to BAMA!

6,000 sold I would be mildly surprised... Still I will want to slap some, perhaps those ******** about game being so close to christmas blah blah blah.... YOU STILL NEED TO BUY THE TICKET!

7,000 sold I would be totally surprised... Would not slap anyone at this point but definately would have some type of shirt making reference to the fact that I have made both bowls and the fact that I am helping build the tradition..

8,000 sold I would be shocked...  The idea that we have sold 2000 more than last year playing a smaller football school would say hey BOWLS (Gator) WE WILL BRING AT LEAST 10,000 next year!

9,000 sold I would be in Shock and awe of the program's growth...  Probably would be arrested in Bham as I would be drinking and partying and talking smack to the ecu'ers that said the would travel better!

10,000 sold I would probably have to be given some type of medical treatment as I believe there is no way we sell our total allotment... Hell if we sell 10,000 I will go to the game bare-chested with a freaking Iconic U on my chest!