• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Food for thought...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  642
  • Days Won:  0

Does UF staying in the national spotlight benefit US,just UF or all other Florida schools except us?

I feel that with UF being in the championship game it keeps a kid with (what I see now) two options in the state of Florida vs options else where.

I'll assume, due to lack of response, that it doesn't effect us either way. :)

Guest r_to_the_izzo

Please for the love of god OSU win. You will never hear the end of how in 06 they won both the Basketball and Football national title.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I can only imagine that it can't help us.  Maybe their recruiting class will be so elite a couple 3 star guys will get looked over and come to us, which is good in its own way, but I dont' think it's too good.

I really hope they lose (Both OSU and UF two teams I hate most in college football.)

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765

No one will ever hear the end of it, simply because its never happened, so its quite an accomplishment.

What two "options" does the " kid" have?

In my opinion, if I'm a florida boy and I see what has happened to TWO of the most historic programs in the nation I don't gamble with those programs and my future. Now... that leaves me with TWO options in the state of Florida (UF & USF).

Do I even look at these schools w/out the success UF & USF has had this year. I know now (as a student athlete) I have two great options.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044

What two "options" does the " kid" have?

In my opinion, if I'm a florida boy and I see what has happened to TWO of the most historic programs in the nation I don't gamble with those programs and my future. Now... that leaves me with TWO options in the state of Florida (UF & USF).

Do I even look at these schools w/out the success UF & USF has had this year. I know now (as a student athlete) I have two great options.

And that's why your not an agent.  Kids aren't going to look at one down season (not even a losing season) and think that FSU and UM wont get them into the draft.  I hate to tell you because you haven't figured it out UM and FSU will turn around next season and do extremely well.  FSU has about 10 freshman starters.  That team will be wicked the next few years.

FSU has about 10 freshman starters.  That team will be wicked the next few years.

Like Lee and Weatherford??

LOL.

You are right, tho.  One down year does not mean anything when both teams are so very very young.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  1,400

UF winning will not help us in anyway and ill have to put up with the bandwagon tampa fans all the sudden becomming diehard gator fans