• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is ECU in North or South Carolina?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363
  • Days Won:  0

Ask your basketball team. Theyll be here saturday night.

News Flash. Seriously. You are a directional School, living in the shadow of more prominent in-state universities (At least 3 of them) . We are a directional school, living in the shadow of more prominent in-state schools (At least 3 of them). The University of South Florida is not exactly nationally recognized either. Outside of old-school conference USA members and some big east fans, nobody knows where the heck you guys are either, especially since youre not in South Florida. I have family 2 hours south of tampa and have been there many times, and think its a wonderful city. But dont get ahead of yourselves. We are at least as well known as you are, probably moreso. I have seen a lot more East Carolina bumper stickers tee shirts and hats in Florida than I have see USF gear in NC. Thats not an insult. Its an honest truth. The little recognition athletically you guys have earned in the last ten years with a handful of big wins is matched, possibly overmatched with the tradition of Pirate Football that put this university on the map in the 90's.

The good thing is, at least during football season, there are really only two in-state universities you have to worry about making any noise--Wake and App State.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  473

I was not trying to take anything away from USF. I was simply saying that seriously, No one knows where the hell you guys are either.

That may be true, but I'd bet my house that they know which STATE we're in!!!  :o

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

Yeah, I doubt Clemson or South Carolina could afford the $30 ticket price.  Give me a break.........They are some of the best fans in the country and travel better than almost every other school.

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

If you don't know where East Carolina is than you don't follow college football as close as you think you do.  Remember most people wouldn't know USF is in Tampa.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

good question

It would have been quicker to type "ecu" into google than to ask it here.

and a whole sentence in response...aww, shucks.   :D

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Duh, they're in East Carolina!  Up until a few years ago, they had a bitter rivaly with West Dakota over who had the most cartographically obsolete name.

Just kidding, ECU fans.... relax!  =)