• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

With The USC Loss & If Rutgers Win

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

Does it still come down to Louisville, LSU, & Notre Dame for 3 at-large bids?

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Big East is getting 1 bid now because LSU should move into the #4 spot in the BCS, thus giving them the automatic bid.

Big East is getting 1 bid now because LSU should move into the #4 spot in the BCS, thus giving them the automatic bid.

Only if Michigan moves into the #2 spot.

If Michigan stays in the #3 spot, they get the automatic bid and LSU is eligible for the at-large selections.

5. If any of the 10 slots remain open after application of provisions 1 through 4, and an at-large team from a conference with an annual automatic berth for its champion is ranked No. 3 in the final BCS Standings, that team will become an automatic qualifier, provided that no at-large team from the same conference qualifies for the national championship game.

6. If any of the 10 slots remain open after application of provisions 1 through 5, and if no team qualifies under paragraph No. 5 and an at-large team from a conference with an annual automatic berth for its champion is ranked No. 4 in the final BCS Standings, that team will become an automatic qualifier provided that no at-large team from the same conference qualifies for the national championship game.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

what a stupid system that only works if 2 big conference teams are undefeated, and even then it only works for those 2 teams.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

The system would at least bring those 2 teams together. Imagine the chaos a couple of years ago when USC, Auburn and Oklahoma all went undefeated. Under the prior system all three of those teams would have played in seperate bowl games.

Only if Michigan moves into the #2 spot.

If Michigan stays in the #3 spot, they get the automatic bid and LSU is eligible for the at-large selections.

5. If any of the 10 slots remain open after application of provisions 1 through 4, and an at-large team from a conference with an annual automatic berth for its champion is ranked No. 3 in the final BCS Standings, that team will become an automatic qualifier, provided that no at-large team from the same conference qualifies for the national championship game.

6. If any of the 10 slots remain open after application of provisions 1 through 5, and if no team qualifies under paragraph No. 5 and an at-large team from a conference with an annual automatic berth for its champion is ranked No. 4 in the final BCS Standings, that team will become an automatic qualifier provided that no at-large team from the same conference qualifies for the national championship game.

SF Flip,

I just re-read my post and it seems YOU are correct (see the BOLD[/b text above).  If LSU ends up #4 they are automatic and Michigan is only eligible for at-large selection at #3.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

The system would at least bring those 2 teams together. Imagine the chaos a couple of years ago when USC, Auburn and Oklahoma all went undefeated. Under the prior system all three of those teams would have played in seperate bowl games.

auburn went undefeated in the SEC and had no part in the title.  that's not a system I like.

so what the BCS is better than the old system, it's still not good.