• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

HELP THE BASKETBALL BAND-HELP USF'S IMAGE

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

I just recieved a telephone call back from the band director as I inquired if money was raised would the band be willing to purchase USF banners for the trombones. This is something that most major schools have and its pretty cool.

The band has actually gone forward with the idea and designs are in the works, the cost is $65 per banner and they need 8 of them for basketball with hopefully the hope of purchasing additonal ones for football down the road.

It will only take the company 3-4 weeks once the order is placed, therefore the banners will be in the dome and on the trombones for the start of

the Big East schedule and Television appearances.

I have a few people already willing to contribue to this project, but would like to get a total of 8 people to each purchase a banner.  The band will give you a tax write-off for your donation.  

Please post your interest, I am trying to get the banner production going within the next week or two.  Feel free to post or pm with any questions

• Topic Count:  171
  • Content Count:  996

May be able to get you a better price with Fastsigns, especially since we are Iron Donors to USF!  Call Craig at 813.971.8700  

I am also interested in contributing once it is set.  Can't buy one by myself though sorry!  :)

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

though it would be a bit more of a monetary commitment, I've seen some schools (Xavier comes to mind) where their first trumpets have herald trumpets with a school banner. I think an iconic U on the kick drum head is in order as well, if it's not already there.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21

Actually, there is a little Iconic U on the Bass Drum as it stands. I will check into getting a big size Iconic U. Anyone know where I can get one that big at? Probably have to get it made, huh?

Guest JulmisteForPrez

These are all excellent ideas, but I was hoping we could get our totally sweet band those totally sweet new uniforms that were on those mock-ups.  To have such a great band look so.......well, not so great........is a shame.  

Just my opinion, but shouldn't we focus all the fundraising efforts in that direction?

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,066

I believe, that thr trombone slide covers are on the plate of our Director.  A bass drum head with the Iconic U would look H.O.T.; not to mention as well to have candy dark green drums with gold hardware.

Those Tommy-B style shirts kick a$$!!!

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532

Interesting proposal... I hope it goes somewhere

• Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991

BUMP

The band would really appreciate your assistance, very little money can help the image of our beloved univeristy