• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tight End Recruiting

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,664
  • Days Won:  29

E.T., ... BUT we did not recruit two TEs last year, only one, and with two TEs graduating we are definitely in the market for at least one TE (and are in the hunt for a couple of good ones)

I show that we have:

Cedric Hill JR & Busbee SO, probably both getting the bulk.

The 2 recruited I show are:

Okolie & Ketchel RS-FR ... 4got Okolie was moved to DE.

Preps:

Mat Williams

Keith McCaskill

David Clapp

Chris Fortunato

Willie Gaetjens

Mike McGowan

Byron McLeod

I was understanding that we were gonna use the position more this season, haven't really noticed it and we have 19 catches by TE's this season. We had 20 last year.

Yahoo/Rivals:

Homewood (AL) Patriots standout Chip Ghigna made a position change prior his senior season. The 6-foot-4, 220 pound prospect had been the Patriots backup quarterback in 2005 and was looking to be the starting quarterback as he entered this season but the Homewood coaches decided to move the athletic passer to tight end.

Ghigna, who runs a legit 4.7 in the forty yard dash, attended camps and took unofficial visits to Vanderbilt, Ole Miss, Auburn, and Alabama within the past year. Recently he has been seeing attention from South Florida, Northwestern, Vanderbilt, Ole Miss, Army, Troy, MTSU, Oregon State, and others.

Guest S. Bien(Guest)

staff wants Matt Williams bad...he's the #1 choice from what I am hearing.

6-5 235lbs, runs a sub 4.8.  It's us, versus UL, South Carolina, and Wake.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  188
  • Days Won:  0

Its Mat (with one T)

And where did you hear that from???   ;D

• 5 weeks later...

Yahoo/Rivals:
Homewood (AL) Patriots standout Chip Ghigna made a position change prior his senior season. The 6-foot-4, 220 pound prospect had been the Patriots backup quarterback in 2005 and was looking to be the starting quarterback as he entered this season but the Homewood coaches decided to move the athletic passer to tight end.

Ghigna, who runs a legit 4.7 in the forty yard dash, attended camps and took unofficial visits to Vanderbilt, Ole Miss, Auburn, and Alabama within the past year. Recently he has been seeing attention from South Florida, Northwestern, Vanderbilt, Ole Miss, Army, Troy, MTSU, Oregon State, and others.

Latest:

Alabama TE with two offers

By JC Shurburtt, Recruiting Analyst – Rivals.com

A potential sleeper at tight end in this year's class is Homewood (Ala.) prospect Chip Ghigna.

The 6-foot-4, 220-pounder played quarterback before switching to tight end this season and has impressed enough to earn two scholarship offers.

Louisiana-Monroe and Army have offered Ghigna, according to his father.

Vanderbilt, South Florida, Middle Tennessee State and Troy also have shown interest.

Ghigna runs a reported 4.7 second 40-yard dash.

I would say that we are running out of schollies, but you have to love the size. Just seems we are limiting ourselves to projects this class, unless they are big OT's.

We threw a few more times this year and coaches have said that Ce. Hill is doing pretty well overall. Would lie to use this position more. Hopefully ...

Big time TE expects more offers

By Casey Bowman, GoMiddle.com Staff Writer – Rivals.com

If you are looking for a top-priority recruit that the Middle Tennessee football coaching staff is going after, than look no further than TE Byron Mcleod.

Mcleod is one of the only players at the tight end position the MT is going after, and they want him badly.

The Tampa, Florida native says at first, playing away from home was an issue, but at this point it is irrelevant.

"At one point it mattered, but I talked with my mom about it and now it really doesn't affect me anymore. She told me just to go where I want and enjoy the experience. Ill be fine wherever I go," said Mcleod.

Mcleod holds offers from MT, Ball State, San Diego State, and is expecting to receive more once schools are done evaluating him.

The main reason schools are still evaluating him is due to the fact that a lot of schools have not received any film on him yet, but Mcleod says his coaches have told him all the film has been mailed out.

Mcleod will be in Murfreesboro on January 19th for his official visit.

His visit will be the first time he has ever stepped foot in the state of Tennessee, but is looking forward to seeing the campus.

"I have never been in Tennessee in my life but am definitely looking forward to coming on the 19th and getting a chance to take in Murfreesboro," said Mcleod.

If you ask Mcleod what his strong point is at the tight end position, he will tell you it is his ability to run routes favorably and be a big time play maker.

"I can definitely run routes well, and I am very good at making moves down the field and making plays," said Mcleod.

Mcleod says a big part of his decision making will revolve around playing time, and likes the opportunities that Middle Tennessee will provide for him.

"I have been told the position would be mine to work for," said Mcleod. "I know what the depth chart will look like and feel confident that I could play my first year up there."

During this season, Mcleod has improved his bench and squat maxes from 290 to 305 and from 325 to 410, and says his forty time of 4.58 is accurate.

In his senior season for Jefferson High, Mcleod pulled in 43 receptions, good enough for 6th in his county, and compiled 510 yards for a total of 10 touchdowns.

Mcleod says he was also very impressed with how Coach Stockstill and the rest of the coaching staff turned the MT program around this past season.

"I feel good about the staff down there and feel they are moving that program around in a better direction," said Mcleod.

Gomiddle.com will have more on Mcleod after his visit on the 19th, so stay tuned for more on this priority prospect.

[highlight]rivals:[/highlight]

6' 2"

215 lbs.

College Choices

Connecticut

Kansas

South Florida

West Virginia

Ball State

UCF

Florida Int'l

Middle Tenn St.