• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls Bowling Texas Style

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  7
  • Days Won:  0

I see the Bulls in Texas.  Louisville will win BE as WVU will dust up Rutgers.  UL gets BE autobid.  WVU won't drop out of BCS Top teams so they'll get at-large.  Only thing that could screw USF is Notre Dame getting waxed, but two of Arkansas, Florida and LSU will lose too....so ND likely won't fall too far (or past them).

Rutgers to Sun/Gator.  Bulls to Texas.

Somebody needs to tell FSU to beat UF this week.  Then have the Texas Bowl broker a deal with Champs Sports to take Big 10 rep in exchange for us.  7-5 FSU vs 7-5 USF in Champs Sports in Orlando.  There's a matchup.

There are two likely options for the Big East title & BCS bids:

UL and WVU win out -> UL wins the Big East, WVU is in the Top 10

UL and RU win out -> RU wins the Big East, UL is in the Top 10

I don't see Louisville losing another game... if USF beats WVU and WVU beats RU, then there won't be two BCS bids (UL wins the Big East, the rest dropped too far).

There is a problem with the Champs Bowl tho... NCAA regulations prohibit changing bowl alignment once the season starts...

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

TVBULL,

I like your thinking. I am feeling a lot better right now after that loss last night. I guess USF losing to UL may help us in the long run for making a better bowl game. LOL.

There are two likely options for the Big East title & BCS bids:

UL and WVU win out -> UL wins the Big East, WVU is in the Top 10

UL and RU win out -> RU wins the Big East, UL is in the Top 10

I don't see Louisville losing another game... if USF beats WVU and WVU beats RU, then there won't be two BCS bids (UL wins the Big East, the rest dropped too far).

There is a problem with the Champs Bowl tho... NCAA regulations prohibit changing bowl alignment once the season starts...

Are you certain on that last item?  I thought two conferences could make a deal.  I thought it was more done to get rid of some of the shennanigans of the Seattle Bowl type situation.  I thought the 'winning record' rule took care of most of that.

I see Ville (BE bid) and WVU with an at-large.  

TVBULL,

I like your thinking. I am feeling a lot better right now after that loss last night. I guess USF losing to UL may help us in the long run for making a better bowl game. LOL.

Yes, the irony here is if USF loses to WVU this week - it means an even better chance for a better bowl.

TVBULL,

Yes, the irony here is if USF loses to WVU this week - it means an even better chance for a better bowl.

But in your analysis above you are probably correct that Cincinnati will steal that Texas slot.  Ironic.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

So, I guess that we need to have UCONN beat Cincy next weekend. We also need to hope that WVU and UL both get BCS bowls. As a USF fan, I am rooting for USF to beat WVU next weekend though. A win over WVU on the road would help USF get more national respect then by playing in the Texas Bowl in my opinion.

TVBULL,

But in your analysis above you are probably correct that Cincinnati will steal that Texas slot.  Ironic.

I argue that it's possible, not sure that it will happen.  Both Cincy and USF have problems with travelling fans.  

It could come down to the Big 12 selection (Texas Tech, OK State, or Kansas)... and if U Conn can beat Cincy.

Besides, I don't think I said "probably" but "possibly".  (I could be wrong on that - I've done so much analysis it's starting to blur together)

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

and fsu alum called me last night telling me our schools might play

i was shocked

his take was how far fsu has fallen

my take is how the gap between both schools has narrowed

texas is a bareable flight from LA.i just might go.

however if i dont go  i will buy four premium tix and donate them

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

and fsu alum called me last night telling me our schools might play

i was shocked

his take was how far fsu has fallen

my take is how the gap between both schools has narrowed

texas is a bareable flight from LA.i just might go.

however if i dont go  i will buy four premium tix and donate them

I would like to meet this smazza guy...

Bulls to Texas, please!