• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

why would grothe say this

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  622
  • Days Won:  0

Despite his struggles, Grothe wasn't enamored with Louisville's effort.

"We didn't play very well, we lost," he said. "They weren't as good as I thought they were going to be."

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/recap;_ylt=Ar0SjXv79VhqLP1sleVUfMY5nYcB?gid=200611180100

just giving the fans somethin to talk about

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  174

it may be a round about way of saying he underperformed and thought he could have beat them had he played better. "Good team but I messed up and we should have done better"

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I love Matt's attitude because it shows me that game is not going to bother him in the future.  To me he's saying " hey, they are a top ten team.  I and my team can play with them.  We aren't far away and we are coming to get you next year"

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

If USF scores that TD when we had 1 and goal from the 7 then I  think the game would have been different. That drive gave us momentum only to have USF give it right back to UL. Next year, I think it will be different because we have them at home. I knew we were in trouble when they went up 17-0.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

If USF scores that TD when we had 1 and goal from the 7 then I  think the game would have been different. That drive gave us momentum only to have USF give it right back to UL.

Even a field goal there would have been a boost .....

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

Yeah, anything would have helped. I just thought we didnt attack as we should have when we got down to the 7 yard line. Reminded me of how we blew it against Kansas this year and UCONN last season.

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  1,037

If we played the way we can we should of beat them!!  thats about it, did you not watch the game. Did you think they played as good as you really thought they would?? we  catch the ball and we stop the blitz just a couple times we win!!

Guest JulmisteForPrez
If we played the way we can we should of beat them!!  thats about it, did you not watch the game. Did you think they played as good as you really thought they would?? we  catch the ball and we stop the blitz just a couple times we win!!

Yep..........and don't forget if we had blitzed more ourselves!  Every time we got a little pressure on Brohm (which wasn't very often), he was scrambling and throwing on the run (which he's not very good at).  Rushing only the four down linemen 90% of the time is too much to ask even a very good defensive line........and we certainly don't have a very good defensive line.  They're pretty average this year.

I was hoping one of you guys had installed that special Intel Blitz Chip into Burnham's brain, but alas..........

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  821
  • Days Won:  2

Yeah, anything would have helped. I just thought we didnt attack as we should have when we got down to the 7 yard line. Reminded me of how we blew it against Kansas this year and UCONN last season.

THAT'S GOOD 'OL ROD SMITH AGAIN.

No imagination with play calling!!!

Can the Alumns buy him off like baby Bowden was, only he is only worth $100/yr. not $100K.

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

Despite his struggles, Grothe wasn't enamored with Louisville's effort.

"We didn't play very well, we lost," he said. "They weren't as good as I thought they were going to be."

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/recap;_ylt=Ar0SjXv79VhqLP1sleVUfMY5nYcB?gid=200611180100

just giving the fans somethin to talk about

It wouldn't surprise me if that was the angle the reporter intended to give the story and he/she quoted it in the manner that best served his/her goals. I don't know if that's what he said, how he said it, or what he meant, all we know is how it was reported.