• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I'm Jealous of Rutgers Football

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  400
  • Days Won:  0

In such a brief amount of time, Greg Schiano has inherited a terrible RU team that was the doormat of 1-A football and has transformed them to the #12 in the BCS rankings as of Nov 1st.

USF fans use the excuse that we are a young program and new to 1-A, but RU was the doormat of 1-A football and schiano turned that doormat into the cinderella story of the year.  I think anyone would be hardpressed to try to convince themselves that RU had better players as a whole than USF did about 6 years ago.

I think we're progressing along, but MAN, has schiano and Rutgers progressed light years ahead.  What makes me even more jealous is that Schiano did it with florida recruits; to me it's living proof that a program can succeed with FL recruits, if done correctly.. and it's obvious that Schiano is doing this right in Piscataway.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

a good coach makes all the difference

it takes 2 great recruiting classes to be a top 25 team

"being a young program or a new program" is an excuse for failure

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

In such a brief amount of time, Greg Schiano has inherited a terrible RU team that was the doormat of 1-A football and has transformed them to the #12 in the BCS rankings as of Nov 1st.

USF fans use the excuse that we are a young program and new to 1-A, but RU was the doormat of 1-A football and schiano turned that doormat into the cinderella story of the year.  I think anyone would be hardpressed to try to convince themselves that RU had better players as a whole than USF did about 6 years ago.

I think we're progressing along, but MAN, has schiano and Rutgers progressed light years ahead.  What makes me even more jealous is that Schiano did it with florida recruits; to me it's living proof that a program can succeed with FL recruits, if done correctly.. and it's obvious that Schiano is doing this right in Piscataway.

They aren't "light years" ahead.  They are slightly better than us this year.  We'll see what happens when Leonard and Rice go.  If USF and RU played 10 times it might be 5 wins a piece, or maybe 6-4 RU.  If Amp catches a pass, maybe no one is talking about RU, it was that close.

That said, give them credit they are having a good year.  We can't say great yet until they play and beat WVU and UL.  They certainly had a lot more difficult time with UCONN than we did.  I wonder why that is.  Maybe they aren't so much better than us right now.

They aren't "light years" ahead.  They are slightly better than us this year.  We'll see what happens when Leonard and Rice go.  If USF and RU played 10 times it might be 5 wins a piece, or maybe 6-4 RU.  If Amp catches a pass, maybe no one is talking about RU, it was that close.

That said, give them credit they are having a good year.  We can't say great yet until they play and beat WVU and UL.  They certainly had a lot more difficult time with UCONN than we did.  I wonder why that is.  Maybe they aren't so much better than us right now.

sorry, i guess you haven't seen the latest BCS, AP, or Coaches polls lately, but they ARE lightyears ahead of us. they are ranked, they are undefeated, and say all the woulda/coulda/shoulda's, they are better than us.  there are too many "If's" in your statement to hold credibility.  Good programs with good coaching win those games, regardless of "what if" happened.

Leonard may be a senior, but Rice and Teel will be around for 2 more years (both only sophomores)... so i don't expect a decline from that program anytime soon.  Besides, it is their defense that's winning games for them, and they play like a well-oiled machine.

Here's an "if" for you.. "if" you could trade in the current situation that USF is in for what RU (ranked #12, bowl eligible, top 5 rusher in the nation, top defense, undefeated) has, would you?  because i know i would.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

ummm...hello... we beat them last year... at RU...

we are 1 and 1 against them and they squeaked out a victory this year...

They deserve all the credit for a great season... but that is what it is... a great season.  They are not some type of dynasty.  They are good, but we will be better, not this year, but we actually have a quarterback  :P

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

sorry, i guess you haven't seen the latest BCS, AP, or Coaches polls lately, but they ARE lightyears ahead of us. they are ranked, they are undefeated, and say all the woulda/coulda/shoulda's, they are better than us.  there are too many "If's" in your statement to hold credibility.  Good programs with good coaching win those games, regardless of "what if" happened.

Leonard may be a senior, but Rice and Teel will be around for 2 more years (both only sophomores)... so i don't expect a decline from that program anytime soon.  Besides, it is their defense that's winning games for them, and they play like a well-oiled machine.

Here's an "if" for you.. "if" you could trade in the current situation that USF is in for what RU (ranked #12, bowl eligible, top 5 rusher in the nation, top defense, undefeated) has, would you?  because i know i would.

the football programs of rutgers and usf are headed in different directions

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

lightyears- WOW

who won the game last year?

how many did they win by this year? all of 2 points?

very good team but not light years ahead.

do they have a better coach(s)? maybe...few penalties, good fundamentals, play to their strengths, make the most of the talent they have.

>:( I hate that they have so many players from Florida on their roster!

do you HATE it, or are you jealous of it?

I admit, i hated what was going on in piscataway too, but i've come to terms that i really wish we had the kind of success that RU is having (i'm jealous).  this was a program that was 2-9 then 1-11 when schiano took over.. he's built them into a national power and competing for a BCS game.  even if they lose to UL and WVU, they did it with the same kids that we're recruiting..  i think schiano is the model of building a powerhouse from scratch.  although i hear he might go to UM, i highly doubt it because he's from jersey and he takes pride in what he's built.

say what you will about how we lost to them earlier in the season, a win is a win, and if we're measuring the degree of victory, then we only a last minute TD better than UCF.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  81

They are better than us this year...No doubt about that.  They are 8-0 and beat us at home.  To define their entire program by this season or that one game is beyond foolish though.  It takes years of continued high level play to make a "program".  Neither USF nor Rutgers can make that claim.