• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who will be "back" first?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  400
  • Days Won:  0

FSU or MIAMI?

my vote goes to miami.  all miami has to do is fire larry coker, and get someone who can actually coach.  FSU, on the other head, is a little screwed because as long as Bobby Bowden is there, Jeff Bowden is there.  FSU's only hope is if Jeff Bowden is offered and accepts a HC position at another program (highly doubtful, but who knows?  maybe a 1-AA or 1-A mid major program)

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I would say Miami too, but for a different reason that just the coach...

No matter who they have, they will always have that reputation of a launchpad to the NFL for top players that want to play a year or two and leave.  That means they'll always have a ton of talent.

FSU gets players to the NFL, but not quite in the same manner.  

I doubt both are down very long... I just hope FSU gets the balls to play us sometime  ;)

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  141
  • Days Won:  0

No matter who they have, they will always have that reputation of a launchpad to the NFL for top players that want to play a year or two and leave.  That means they'll always have a ton of talent.

Umm...FSU has the most current players in the NFL of any college.  And the Wall Street Journal ran an article at the beginning of the year about FSU being the best NFL player-producing school.

With that said, it's all on XLee now, apparantly.  His talent can somewhat make up for Jeff Bowden/Darryl Dickey.  The defense is building some SERIOUS depth due to playing freshmen and walk-ons because of injury to starters.  We'll see how the rest of the season plays out.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Umm...FSU has the most current players in the NFL of any college.  And the Wall Street Journal ran an article at the beginning of the year about FSU being the best NFL player-producing school.

With that said, it's all on XLee now, apparantly.  His talent can somewhat make up for Jeff Bowden/Darryl Dickey.  The defense is building some SERIOUS depth due to playing freshmen and walk-ons because of injury to starters.  We'll see how the rest of the season plays out.

This isn't about who actually gets more the the NFL... its about perception... Miami is perceived as a launching pad.  It seems the players that go to FSU, for the most part, stay all 4 years... Miami has more jumping early than FSU.