• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF wants to get it right (Times)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,749
  • Content Count:  37,657
  • Days Won:  29

USF wants to get it right

By Wire services

Published October 21, 2006

TAMPA - USF's upperclassmen, especially those on defense, haven't forgotten what happened the last time the Bulls played at Cincinnati, when they gave up a school-record 577 yards in a 45-23 loss in 2004.

"They killed us," linebacker Patrick St. Louis said Friday. "I can just remember them just scoring on us, driving the ball on us. We're not playing to get revenge, but when we were at their house last time, it wasn't a good sight. Hopefully we can play the kind of ball we've been playing the last few games."

Cincinnati had six touchdown drives of 68 yards or longer in that game, and by comparison, USF has allowed eight touchdown drives that long in seven games this season.

"They pretty much kicked our butts, ran us out of the stadium," cornerback Trae Williams said. "It was a rough game. We feel pretty good where we are now."

INJURY UPDATE: Coach Jim Leavitt said sophomore guard Jake Griffin, recovering from a broken foot, will travel with the team today but will not play Sunday, hoping to return healthy for USF's homecoming game against Pittsburgh on Nov. 4.

:GoBulls

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

usf is better than bearcats

ther ewill be a different result this time

Glad that Griffin will be rested ... really need him for the stretch after the bi-week.

Go BULLS !!!

Glad that Griffin will be rested ... really need him for the stretch after the bi-week.

Go BULLS !!!

Ahem...  ::) it's bye week... and you are right that having Griffin back will be good for that stretch.

For clarification, "bi" = 2 or twice... Hence, "biweekly" means twice per week.

Technically the term "bye" is only used during a tournament to denote a team that automatically advances without playing a game... in the NFL the official term is "open"... but the vernacular use of the term "bye" for a week off has become widely accepted.

At least that's what my friend Cliff Clavin told me. ;-)

You're lucky we have been warned about personal attacks Jim  ;)

And I have been doing that all week  ;D

Thanx for getting my head straight  8-)