• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

College football fans --city people or alumni?

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691
  • Days Won:  0

There is simply nothing else to do in Ann Arbor, MI or Happy Valley, PA. When you compete with Pro teams (no matter how good or bad) and other activities that you can do in the city, its always going to be tuff.

Miami, even in its hayday, couldnt sell out the games against rutgers, temple, or any of those other Big East teams that were not doing good at the time, but a Michigan has sold out every game for the last 15 years, something like that. It is not because Michigan doesnt play bad teams, its that THERE IS NOTHING ELSE TO DO. You can even look at small town high school teams in the south as well.

Ann Arbor isnt far from detroit....

ND is close to Chicago where many alums live

im sure a lot of alums drive from tampa/orlando/jville to gayturd games

it would def help in our situation if we can attract the tampa bandwagon fan in the future

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

I just wish that more of the Buc fans would also support the Bulls.  If there are so many people out there that supposedly want to go to Bucs games, but can't b/c they are sold out, they should take in the Bulls games.  I am a big fan of both, and go to all of both teams' home games, and I would say that the football experience and atmosphere at the Bulls' games, even with the empty seats, is actually better than the Buc games.  I can't even imagine what it would be like if we had that place filled like it is at Buc games.  It would be unbelievable.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

A big myth on this board is that small college towns fill their stadiums because there is nothing to do in those towns or the idea that it is that town's "professional" team. Not fully true. Many schools depends more on outside alumni to fill their stadium.

Most the ticket holders for teams like UF, FSU, Nebraska, Penn State, etc live out of the cities of those teams. about 45,000-50,000 of the season tickets for UF are more than 100 miles from campus (majority in Tampa and Orlando). 30,000-35,000 of the FSU season tickets live over 100 miles away from campus.

Try taking I-75 North when both teams have home games at 3:30, you won't move for hours. The majority of FSU and UF fans drive the 2-3-4 hours every home game to see their team play.

The same can be said of Auburn, Michigan, Oklahoma, etc. It's what separates a lot of college football from the pros.

USF will get their support just takes time.

(We did a project on this a few years ago and the numbers fluctuated over the years as season tickets changed)