• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rutgers #19, Pitt #26 (AP Poll)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

Iowa and Georgia did drop out as I thought they might, Pitt did leap over FSU that let Duke score 24 points, but Mizzou didn't drop much from losing to now ranked Texas A&M that leaped over Pitt.  Still, maybe pitt beats rutgers and rutgers might still be ranked (same situation that Mizzou and Texas A&M were in I think, since Rutgers is undefeated and Pitt has one loss).

It will be close.  In the coaches poll they are currently 29th.  Missouri lost, but Texas A&M could leapfrog by beating them.  Penn state should be out, FSU only beat Duke and gave up 24 points, which is only 3 fewer than Duke had scored in their previous 5 games combined so I think Pitt passes both.  Iowa and Georgia lost to really questionable teams but they are ranked 13th and 14th respectively so it'll be interesting to see how far they fall.

So, assuming Pitt stays ahead of Texas A&M that just beat an undefeated team (they are currently 31st in coaches poll), passes PSU (currently losing), and passes FSU ("bad win" against Duke), then I think Pitt would be 26th.

Big win against UCF on TV might mean they leapfrog another team, we'll see. Perhaps Virginia Tech, ranked 17th in coaches that lost badly to BC (22-3).  They were only ranked 22nd in AP poll.

Pitt is 32nd in AP poll so they would need some press leapfrogging.

Hopefully they beat Rutgers and then would for sure be ranked before they play us, but we'll see.

I was pretty close, with the AP leaping Pitt over more teams than I thought.  Pitt now 26th in coaches poll too.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  339

I hate the polls!  

Georgia should not be ranked.  Look at their season so far and tell me why they are in the top 25 teams in the nation.  Only reason i can think of is because of the preseason ranking (which means nothing).  They should have lost to colorado at home....colorado!  They lost to Vandy @ home.  They beat mighty MISS by 5!  They are not a good team and will probably lose 4-5 games this year.

Iowa should not be ranked.  They've played one good team this year and were thouroughly trashed in that game (I realize it was OSU).  They Lost to Indiana for crying out loud.  UCONN and southern illinois easily handled indiana earlier in the year.  Top 25 teams do not lose games like this, period.  They will lose next week and will no longer be ranked but the fact that they are ranked this week is absurd.  Another case of brand recognition and preseason ranking.

Tirade over.

yeah, 23rd and 24th in coaches, but 26th and 27th in AP so at least they fell out there.

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/polls

make sure to look at date updated on that site, too, since on CBS the AP poll is updated but not coaches.

on espn, the coaches is updated but not AP.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  339

Yeah, I was looking at the Coaches poll from the ESPN website.  That's the only one they've uploaded so far.  I'm just bitter because I wanted to see Pitt ranked this week for the big "4 BE teams ranked" for the first time in a while.  Now, there's pretty much no chance of that happening.

It could.  In AP Poll Missouri was #19 undefeated and lost to a vote-receiving Texas-A&M who is now ranked.  Missouri stayed ranked too at #24.  Pitt beating Rutgers could do the same thing.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

do you think the acc expected this when they expanded?

2 BE teams ranked in top 10 vs 0 acc teams

3 BE teams ranked top 20 vs 1 acc team  

4 BE teams ranked ahead of miami,fsu,vatech and ncst

should acc ask for a refund? or a mulligan?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,650
  • Days Won:  29

2 years since the change and Big East is performing like a BCS conference each season.