• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

i would suspend him for year

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

and make take anger management class and  see a shrink regularly and he must be cleared to play again

NFL's version of 'Stomp'

If you're one of the three football fans alive who hasn't seen it (YouTube has it here), in a maneuver more reminiscent of Andre the Giant than Cowboys center Andre Gurode, Titans defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth stomped on Gurode's helmet-less head and face after a play in the Dallas-Tennessee game yesterday, bloodying the big man and earning himself two penalties and an ejection from the game.

In his defense, Haynesworth was apologetic after the game. "What I did was disgusting," he said, and followed by saying he had disgraced the game, his team and himself.

But is an apology enough? Probably not.

Haynesworth's boots to the noggin are likely to earn him an NFL suspension. And Titans coach Jeff Fisher reportedly apologized to head Cowboy Bill Parcells after the game and promised to discipline Haynesworth if the league didn't do so first. But is that enough?

One AOL blogger, for example, suggests that Gurode should sue Haynesworth for his actions.

What do you think? Is it time for new NFL commissioner Roger Goodell to use the power of his position to sit Haynesworth down for multiple weeks?

The Associated Press

Cowboys center Andre Gurode needed stitches above his forehead and beneath his eye Sunday after being kicked twice by Titans defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth.

The incident occurred after Dallas had taken a two-touchdown lead in the third quarter.

Gurode's helmet came off after the scoring play, a 5-yard run by Julius Jones, and Haynesworth, standing over him, used his right foot to kick Gurode in the head.

SPORTS SCOPE: NFL's version of 'Stomp'

Gurode said they hadn't been talking or having any exchanges that led to Haynesworth kicking him twice.

"In all my years of football, this has never happened to me," Gurode said. "I've never been kicked in the face like this, and I've never seen anybody kick nobody else in the face."

Haynesworth, who was ejected, expects to be disciplined.

"What I did out there was disgusting," Haynesworth said. "It doesn't matter what the league does to me. The way I feel right now, you just can't describe it."

The Cowboys won 45-14.

5 games

he got off light

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  958
  • Days Won:  0

he did get off light...he should be suspended one full year....at least 6 weeks without pay