• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Aaron Henry, CB 5-11, 175

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,664
  • Days Won:  29

Florida corner considering USF visit

By Tony Morrell, GamecockCentral.com Recruiting Analyst – Rivals.com

Immokalee (Fla.) three-star cornerback Aaron Henry, the Sunshine State's No. 90 overall prospect, has several offers to his credit and one official visit scheduled.

"I'm taking an official visit to Wisconsin on October 21st," the 5-foot-11, 175-pound Henry said. "I'm still looking at a lot of other teams for my other visits. Teams like South Carolina, Tennessee, Florida, Ohio State, Ole Miss, NC State, Clemson, Nebraska and USF."

Henry is attracted to multiple aspects of the Badger program.

"Wisconsin provides me with a great opportunity for early playing time," he said. "They are a program that is going to be in the running for big things in the next couple of years. They're in the Big Ten, and I like their coaches."

Henry, who runs the 40-yard dash in 4.5 seconds, also likes what South Carolina has to offer.

"Steve Spurrier is an awesome coach, and he knows what it takes for a player to make it to the NFL. He also takes care of his players even after graduation. It's also a program where I feel like I could play very early."

Tennessee is another SEC program Henry finds appealing.

"Tennessee kind of speaks for itself. They have put numerous players into the NFL over the years. Coach (Philip) Fulmer is a great guy. There's nothing I can say about Tennessee that hasn't already been said."

Ole Miss rounds out the list of schools Henry commented further on.

"I could play early there, too. My recruiting coach came from Miami, and he said he's only looking for great players, and that I was one of them. My coaches tell me it's a beautiful campus, too."

Henry, who has two interceptions through four games this season, will base his decision on several factors.

"Academics, of course. I'll also be looking at each program from a religious standpoint. I'm a firm believer in Jesus Christ, and I want to know I'll have some people around me with similar beliefs. I also want to talk a lot with the current players on each team that I visit, because they will tell me the real deal on things."

No team stands out at this point.

"Everyone is still even with me. I'll probably make my decision at the end of the year around December."

I hope we get one of the visits.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,664
  • Days Won:  29

Yahoo/Rivals:

With four official visits already complete or set, Aaron Henry has no shortage of options for his fifth and last, but it seems an in-home discussion with USF Head Coach Jim Leavitt on Wednesday night has the Bulls positioned to fill that final slot.

The three-star Immokalee High School defensive back said South Florida rounds out his top schools of interest.

Henry has already made trips to Wisconsin (Oct. 27) and Iowa (Nov. 10). He will visit South Carolina this weekend and travel to Pittsburgh on Jan. 15.

Guest S. Bien(Guest)
can he play bump and run?

Yes, he's a mirror of Mike Jenkins.  Similar size, similar speed, smart guys with great frames and speed!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

Awesome that we got that last visit!  He seems like a great guy and I hope the team surrounds him with some good Christian people  :)

I also hope he knows that USF is just as capable of sending a player to the NFL if he is talented enough.  I saw him mention that with a few schools up there.  I suppose some schools don't develop their players correctly, but I think USF provides plenty of opportunity for it and the number of players going to the NFL is more based on talent anyway.  

Here's hoping for a big recruiting season.