• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rudell Crim (5-11, 190 Athlete)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,664
  • Days Won:  29

Tallahassee athlete favoring two

By Jeff Johnson, OrangeandBlueNews.com Staff – Rivals.com

Five-foot-eleven, 190-pound Tallahassee (Fla.) Rickards athlete Rudell Crim team has gotten off to a rough start but that hasn't stopped plenty of college programs from calling the running back/safety prospect. Get the latest on his recruitment in this update.

"We are 0-4 right now," Crim said. "We lost last Friday night to (Tallahassee) Chiles 14-13. I thought we were going to get our first win but we couldn't pull it out."

Crim is playing running back, safety and linebacker for Rickards this fall. "College coaches are telling me I can play safety or maybe weakside linebacker in college. I think I would probably play strong safety but I have been having a good year running the ball so maybe I could try running back to."

Crim has offers from Illinois, Indiana, Louisville, Southern Miss, Central Florida and Suth Florida at this time. He is favoring two programs right now.

"Louisville and Illinois are the two I like the most right now. I will visit both those schools for sure. I was thinking of going to Illinois in October but the coaches there told me they will probably have a bunch of Florida guys visit in December and I might want to check it out then. Coach Disch is recruiting me for Illinois."

"Coach Disch tells me I could play right away at Illinois because they will lose their safeties and need players at my position. He said if I wanted to, I could try running back there. Louisville is looking at me as a safety. They have a great program and a couple of guys from Jacksonville I know are there doing well."

Crim wants to take at least four official visits and then make a decision. Right now he is leaning towards heading out of the state of Florida to play his college football. Crim is also taking a long look at Arkansas and West Virginia in addition to Illinois and Louisville.