• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Time To Face Facts, Folks....

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Guest JulmisteForPrez

We just aren't a very good team this year.  Crystal clear now.

I know, I know, Rutgers was ranked #23, blah, blah, blah....

But why has Schiano & staff been able to turn things around up there so quickly and we're still running on the treadmill we've been on for the past three seasons?  That was "supposed to be" us making waves in the Big East by now.

Not this year!  And who knows when???

We just are a very middle of the pack (at best) team.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  50
  • Days Won:  0

We are looking at 6-6 this season, maybe 7-5 if we pull a road upset. Not bad with a frosh qb and NO run offense or run defense.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

I think things will get better after we get Ponton and Julmiste back onto the field, but don't see us going better than 7-5.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i wouldnt let them near the field

they ruined usf's season

i would rather lose without them and set a precedent for future teams

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

I can agree with your sentiment, smazza, but disagree with any plans to throw the season away.  It is a 12 game season, and I'd like to see us get a 13th game.  You play to win, and the stakes are high.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

Rutgers points off turnovers?

USF running game?

This team needs time.  For all you negative biotches out there, if there's something you think can actually be done to improve the situation, let's hear it.  I don't wanna hear canning leavitt though, unless you can 1) give us a better coaching name and 2) produce, in detail, the financials that show how we'd buy out a contract and pay for said coach on top of it.

In other words, leavitt's a pretty good coach, the best we can have, and we're going to have to take our lumps, which currently include a bad kicking game, no halfback, and a bad turnover rate.

I don't want to see many morons on here harping about the defense though.  It's been playing well.  Maybe not top 10 well, but well.  You can't have 3+ turnovers a game and win consistently, nor can you miss/not kick field goals.  This team is beating itself, but that doesnt mean I'm saying its good.  I'm saying it has "speed" which everyone seems to love (despite it seldom winning by itself) but below average discipline.

Disappointed?  Yes.  Season ending loss?  Based on what expectations would be a good reply to that.  Surprised?  Not really.

I won't be surprised to lose like this until we have a legit running game.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

If we're not very good, then Rutgers isn't very good, because we could have won this game but didn't.  I am proud of our guys, they played thier hearts out.  Give RU credit.  I thought we would win this game, but RU showed me something.  We played basically even with a team that will probably now be top 20, so I won't say we aren't a very good team yet.  But did this loss take the life out of our team.  how will we respond.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

If we're not very good, then Rutgers isn't very good, because we could have won this game but didn't.  I am proud of our guys, they played thier hearts out.  Give RU credit.  I thought we would win this game, but RU showed me something.  We played basically even with a team that will probably now be top 20, so I won't say we aren't a very good team yet.  But did this loss take the life out of our team.  how will we respond.

All RU did was prove that if a team turns it over 3 times, one on a plain out bad throw (unforced pick...the guy he was aiming for was open!) and another on a ponderous fumble, they can beat them.  IF they miss a field goal too, that is.

RU still hasn't proven anything yet, and we've proven less.  But the season is young.

Guest JulmisteForPrez
RU still hasn't proven anything yet, and we've proven less.

That's fo' sho'.

Our three wins......

McNeese State...........ooooooooohhhhhhhh!  :o

FIU.............................ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!  :o

UCF............................woooooooooooowww!  :o

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Rutgers points off turnovers?

USF running game?

This team needs time.  For all you negative biotches out there, if there's something you think can actually be done to improve the situation, let's hear it.  I don't wanna hear canning leavitt though, unless you can 1) give us a better coaching name and 2) produce, in detail, the financials that show how we'd buy out a contract and pay for said coach on top of it.

In other words, leavitt's a pretty good coach, the best we can have, and we're going to have to take our lumps, which currently include a bad kicking game, no halfback, and a bad turnover rate.

I don't want to see many morons on here harping about the defense though.  It's been playing well.  Maybe not top 10 well, but well.  You can't have 3+ turnovers a game and win consistently, nor can you miss/not kick field goals.  This team is beating itself, but that doesnt mean I'm saying its good.  I'm saying it has "speed" which everyone seems to love (despite it seldom winning by itself) but below average discipline.

Disappointed?  Yes.  Season ending loss?  Based on what expectations would be a good reply to that.  Surprised?  Not really.

I won't be surprised to lose like this until we have a legit running game.

for second game usf defesne didnt play good enough

usf is now 13-15 since andre's first season