• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  62
  • Days Won:  0

Your defense is fast. It's a much better defense than we KU fans expected.

Our defense stepped up when it had to.

FWIW. Barrman played the best game he's played in A LONG TIME.  The Kansas OL is not big, but they are all great pass blockers. That's why we couldn't run the ball unless we caught USF off guard, and also why you had a tough time getting a pass rush.

It's amazing the depth you guys must have, because word is you lost a lot of guys in the off season. Now I know why Leavitt didn't go to K-State.

Go Hammer Rutgers!

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

It was a really good game.  Despite the lopsided Time of Possession stat, our D did enough to keep us in it until the last play.

You guys are notorious for playing tough in your own house and tonight was no exception.  Good luck in the rest of the season.

PS... what's the story behind "rock chalk jayhawk?"

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

Thanks Jayhawk. Good luck the rest of the year. It was a close game that could have went either way. Your fans were into the game.  We will see you next time when you visit Tampa. Until then, good luck.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  19

Good luck the rest of the way Bulls.  I was very concerned when Kerry Meier was injured but Barmann had the game of his life.   I cannot overstate how impressed I was with your young QB.  We had good pressure on him all night but he hung in there and got the ball off.  Your lack of a credible run threat did hurt as many of you have pointed out.

Not a knock, but just so you know.  Our receivers have had troubles all year getting separation.  Not last night.  I was shocked to see how wide open they were at times.  With some really good passing teams in the BEast, that will have to be shored up.  

Good luck the the Big East, and make a bowl game.  I want to see Grothe play again....just not against us.   ;)

That comes directly from a lack of pressure on the QB.  If he has all night to find his guys, he'll complete a lot of passes.

We NEED NEED NEED to step up the pressure on the QB.  If we don't, we're easy pickings.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  19

Only because you asked"

KU's world famous Rock Chalk Chant evolved from a cheer that a chemistry professor, E.H.S. Bailey, created for the KU science club in 1886. Bailey's version was "Rah, Rah, Jayhawk, KU" repeated three times. The rahs were later replaced by "Rock Chalk," a transposition of chalk rock, the name for the limestone outcropping found on Mount Oread, site of the Lawrence campus.

The cheer became known worldwide. Teddy Roosevelt pronounced it the greatest college chant he'd ever heard. Legend has it that   troops used the chant when fighting in the Philippines in 1899, in the Boxer Rebellion in China, and in World War II. At the Olympic games in 1920, the King of Belgium asked for a typical American college yell. The assembled athletes agreed on KU's Rock Chalk and rendered it for His Majesty.

http://www.ku.edu/about/traditions/songs/rockchalk.mp3