• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The PAC10 is a joke!!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

TO BAD YOU HAVENT BEEN around long enough to appreciate greatness and excellence,rizzo

you probably will never see such domination again like usc and pete carroll

man crush? that is a term i am not familar with.is that a gay term?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i guess you people didnt see  big 12 officials steal game from uab in ok

USC REPORT

Gable Has Returns in Sight

By Gary Klein, Times Staff Writer

September 22, 2006

Freshman C.J. Gable made history when he started at tailback for USC in the opener against Arkansas.

Gable could add another starting assignment to his resume if he returns kickoffs Saturday in the third-ranked Trojans' Pacific 10 Conference opener at Arizona.

ADVERTISEMENT

Early this week, Coach Pete Carroll said Gable would replace sophomore Cary Harris against the Wildcats. But Gable missed most of Wednesday's practice because of a groin problem. He returned on Thursday and pronounced himself fit for the assignment.

"I want to show what I can do and take one to the house," Gable said. "No guarantees, but I'm going to try."

Gable developed an affinity for returning kickoffs at Sylmar High.

"My coach always told me, 'If you score on the first drive on a kickoff return that turns the whole game around,' " Gable said. "When he first told me that, I scored. Then after that, the next game, I scored again, and they stopped kicking to me.

"We had to do little switch plays so I could get the ball."

Gable remains in a tailback rotation that includes freshman Emmanuel Moody, who started last week against Nebraska, and junior Chauncey Washington, who was making a bid to start for the first time at Arizona.

Washington, however, did not practice Thursday.

Carroll said Washington's grandmother suffered from a serious health issue on Wednesday night.

The running back attended to her with family, took an exam on campus on Thursday and then returned to his family.

Carroll said Washington would make the trip to Arizona.

Pac-10 rules limit to 64 the number of players who can travel for conference games.

Because of Gable's and Washington's status, the Trojans will take five tailbacks, including Moody and fellow freshmen Allen Bradford and Stafon Johnson.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Freshman Stanley Havili is expected to get the bulk of playing time, and possibly start, at fullback against Arizona, but Mike Brittingham also will play.

Brittingham, a 6-foot-1, 210-pound fifth-year senior from Santa Ana, played receiver and safety at Foothill High before walking on at USC in 2002.

"That's when we had a freshman camp," he said. "So they put me in at fullback the second practice and I just went with it."

Brittingham developed into a fearless special teams player and earned a scholarship last season. He has caught one pass in his career, a nine-yard reception against Arizona last season.

After Ryan Powdrell suffered a season-ending ankle injury against Nebraska last week, Brittingham stepped in and played most of the game.

"I did OK, but there were definitely some areas I could have done better in," he said. "I learned a lot from watching the film."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Senior Oscar Lua (hamstring) has practiced this week, but he is not considered at full strength so sophomore Rey Maualuga will remain the starter at middle linebacker, according to Carroll…. Sophomore cornerback Kevin Thomas (ankle) will not make the trip, Carroll said. Freshmen Shareece Wright and Vincent Joseph and junior Mozique McCurtis will back up Harris and Terrell Thomas.

pac 10-the conference of champions

big east not even listed

embarassing fellas

U.S. Sports Academy Directors' Cup

Seven Pacific-10 Conference institutions finished the 2005-06 academic year ranked in the final U.S. Sports Academy Directors? Cup Top-20, the most of any conference.

The Conference of Champions? was represented by three members in the Director? Cup Top-10. STANFORD won its 12th consecutive Directors? Cup with national championships in women?s cross country and women?s tennis and runner-up finishes in women?s indoor track and field and men?s water polo. The Cardinal placed 10 additional teams in the Top-10. Stanford accumulated 1,197.375 points. UCLA finished second in the Cup standings with 1,071.375 points, while CALIFORNIA and USC finished seventh and 10th, respectively. ARIZONA finished 11th, ARIZONA STATE was 13th and WASHINGTON finished 18th.

Following is the conference breakdown of institutions ranked in the Top-15 of the final 2005-06 U.S. Sports Academy Directors? Cup standings (number in parenthesis indicates conference membership total).

Conference Top-20 Schools

1. Pacific-10 (10) 7

2. Atlantic Coast (12) 4

3. Big Ten (11) 3

4. SEC (12) 3

5. Big 12 (12) 2

Where Pac-10 Schools Ranked

School Total Pts

1. STANFORD 1,197.375

2. UCLA 1,071.375

7. CALIFORNIA 865.500

10. USC 840.000

11. ARIZONA 831.625

13. ARIZONA STATE 784.625

18. WASHINGTON 692.250

57. OREGON STATE 318.125

63. OREGON 245.500

71. WASHINGTON STATE 219.500

most of you are newbies and you need to show respect for the teams and conferences that have accomplished what you have only heretofore dreamed

from BCS Leagues to Non BCS Leagues. This is the same formula with All 6 available BCS Computers-(Wolf and Anderson not available yet with the Harris and USA Today Poll.)  

Last updated Mon Sep 25 2006, 10:46 AM  

Rank BCS  

1 Pac-10 37.90  

2 SEC 39.42  

3 Big Ten 40.00  

4 ACC 44.33  

5 Big East 44.75  

6 Big 12 47.25  

7 Mountain West 68.11  

8 WAC 75.11  

9 Conference USA 79.92  

10 Mid-American 85.17  

11 Sun Belt 104.88  

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078
  • Days Won:  0

those numbers are great, but outside of USC, name one good team in the Pac 10?  

I'll be here waiting to laugh at whatever team you come up with

cal,oregon,asu for starters

hey tennessee boy-vols lost at home to gators