• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Harmon forecast: KU 26 USF 20

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

this is a game usf is expected to win.a better big east team against doormat of big 12

when you scehdule an opponent like kansas you better win

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8
  • Days Won:  0

this is a game usf is expected to win.a better big east team against doormat of big 12

when you scehdule an opponent like kansas you better win

I'm going to remember this quote on Saturday night when I run into USF fans at the game.  I'm not 100% sure Kansas is going to win, but I'm glad you're not giving them any credit, it'll make it that much more enjoyable if we do win.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Wow some reason insightful analysis of this game.  Harmon had us losing to UCF, sans a blocked punt we would have been ahead by 15pts over his prediction.

I saw Kansas play Toledo for four quarters and here's how I see it.

First, Kansas has a very solid RB in Cornish.  He's not flashing but has good size, quickness, and footwork.  He's one of those north-south guys with decent size that's always leaning forward.  The kind that usually gets 2-3 yards every time he touches the ball.    With that being said their biggest running weapon is their FR QB Meier, like us.  He's a big strong kid, that runs to me more like Pat Julmiste then Matt Jones (like some people have said).   But he seems to know when to scramble.  Kansas also has a lot of big, speedy WR's like us.  They're talented at that spot.  Their OL is huge, and mildly experienced.  Here's the draw backs, first Meier is a bad decision maker, doesn't see the whole field, and seems to force things. When he starts to move his feet forget passing he just goes, but again he's a lumbering runner.   Their RB is solid but not spectacular.

I think it will be a game much like UCF from a defensive standpoint.  Kansas, when clicking, has a balanced attacked but just isn't very consistent with it passing.  They're also starting to doubt themselves.  I think they'll be OK to run, and on the short passes, probably drive ok between the 30's, but like last week will have trouble finishing.   The X factor is their QB is prone to making mistakes and lots of them- again like Pat Julmiste, 8 INT's and 2 fumbles this season already.   With our skill at DB I think we're going to get a few INT's, the speed we have will bait Meier into challenging and we'll capitalize.

On defense Kansas is quite athletic but young, like us.  But on defense they're even younger then us.  They're not bad against the run with a very stout and big DL.  Very athletic DB's....despite that they've had trouble getting QB pressure and seem to consistently get mixed up on pass defense.  This actually plays right into our hands.  

If our team stays settled and calm.  The defense doesn't try to do to much and doesn't give up the big plays then Kansas with their young and erratic QB will have trouble consistently driving the ball down the field.  On offense we must be patient, take what Kansas will give us and again don't force to much.  Much like last week I see that we're similar teams but the X factor is our experienced LB's and DB's will give Meier fits and I think Matt Grothe right now is far and away the better RS-Freshman QB between the two.  Meier is touted but so far he's shown as much disappointment, if not more, then excitement.  He will give up the ball a lot and make mistakes.  If we stay poised, limit the mistakes, and be patient this game is more than winnable.  The long distance road trip has me nervous but we're a pretty good road team overall.  With a QB like Grothe that stays calm and doesn't seem to get into a funk that brings me more comfort.  Especially against another defense that's very prone to giving up a lot of yards through the air- La-Monroe threw for 387 yards!