• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

jon lieber was great before his injury

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,074
  • Days Won:  172

yankees got lucky here

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,464
  • Days Won:  0

yankees got lucky here

He was a good pitcher but NEVER great.  He did have one very good season for cubs but other then that he has just been an above average starter.  His career record is 86-83 and his last season in MLB he was 6-8.  He has never had an ERA under 4.00 even during his 20 win season. In his 9 seasons only three did he have a winning record.

• Topic Count:  537
  • Content Count:  2,718

KR is right he had one good year.  He was hurt early in his last year so I would tend to throw out his 6-8 season.  The question is .............is he a one season fluke or was he coming into his own before the injury.  Right now the jury is still out.

I find it strange that he has been a Yankee for a year and he made his first trip to Yankee stadium a couple of weeks ago.  

KR is right he had one good year.  He was hurt early in his last year so I would tend to throw out his 6-8 season.  The question is .............is he a one season fluke or was he coming into his own before the injury.  Right now the jury is still out.

I find it strange that he has been a Yankee for a year and he made his first trip to Yankee stadium a couple of weeks ago.  

Keep in mind LK he did not go 6-8 last year, that was the year before. He has missed more then a full season and Yanks paid him 6 million last year to rehab and apparently that did not include going to an actual game.  He is a work horse that will keep you in the game but he is not better then the yanks big three, not even close. He does not have contreras stuff but he does have what contreras doesn't have, A HEART  ;)

I know he was rehabing last year.  I just found it strange that he never went to Yankee stadium last year.  Wouldn't you check it out if you were on the payroll.

He does not have contreras stuff but he does have what contreras doesn't have, A HEART  

I don't know if it is his heart or just lapses of concentration as has been reported.  One thing is apparent........he is no El -Duque!

I know he was rehabing last year.  I just found it strange that he never went to Yankee stadium last year.  Wouldn't you check it out if you were on the payroll.

I don't know if it is his heart or just lapses of concentration as has been reported.  One thing is apparent........he is no El -Duque!

But he may be a big fat toad ;D

I believe the bosses quote was more like .....big F....ing fat toad!   :-X

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,074
  • Days Won:  172

george S-the best owner in sports