• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

bowden bowl 8

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

•  Imagine how Ann Bowden felt Saturday as she sat in Tallahassee's Doak Campbell Stadium. Her husband Bobby's Florida State team was trailing Troy, 3-0, at the half, and her son Jeff was the presiding offensive coordinator. Meanwhile, in Boston, son Tommy's Clemson team had lost in overtime to Boston College on a botched extra point. Thank goodness son Terry decided to go into broadcasting.

Next week, Ann loses what's left of her fingernails when Tommy's and Bobby's teams meet in Bowden Bowl VIII.

Florida State rallied to beat Troy, 24-17, securing Bowden's 361st, and perhaps worst, career victory. Trailing at home against Troy is like, well, here's how Bowden described it to reporters: "It was like a nightmare. I was trying to run but my legs won't go. I am trying to scream, but the voice don't work."

Inching along: The Seminoles have gained 46 yards rushing in two wins, an average of 5.7 yards per quarter.