• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bowl Projections - Sept. 10th

Okay... the Bylaws clarify it a bit more -- and Joe is right... a 6-6 Navy is eligible:

30.9.2.1 Exception  12 Game Season. An institution with a record of six wins and six losses may be selected for participation in a bowl game under the following circumstances: (Adopted: 4/27/06 effective 8/1/06)

(a) The institution or its conference has a primary contractual affiliation, which existed prior to the first contest of the applicable season, with the sponsoring bowl organization. In the case of a conference contractual affiliation, all conference teams with winning records must be placed in one of the contracted bowl games before any institution with a record of six wins and six losses may be placed in a contracted bowl game. There shall be no contingency agreements with other sponsoring bowl organizations intended to enable an institution with a record of six wins and six losses to become eligible for those contests; or

(B) All contractual affiliations per Bylaw 30.9.2.1-(a) have been fulfilled and all institutions with winning records have received bowl invitations (either through a contractual affiliation or as an atlarge selection).

I thought that since there is a Big East contract, that a 7-5 Big East team would have to be taken over a 6-6 Navy.  That doesn't seem to be the case.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

another set of projections:

Birmingham Dec. 23 C-USA vs. Big East or MAC Tulsa vs. South Florida

That makes more sense... although I am rooting for Southern Miss to be there so we can asked them again about the QUALITY of South Florida now.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

and they will get those 6 wins based on the last four games of that schedule unless Army can nut up

they only need 6 wins due to prior arrangements

basically, the Meineke Bowl wants Navy no matter what with the one precursor being they are not under .500

that schedule reaks of "so we can go bowling"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

well, at least then i would have a reason to watch the Army-Navy game.

and they will get those 6 wins based on the last four games of that schedule unless Army can nut up

Army might... but I think Duke might be a surprise... it's in Durham, and the Blue Devils almost beat Wake Forest this weekend... who knows what will happen in two months...

That is why I keep Navy on my Games to Watch list each week.  I will start adding records for Week 4.

well if they beat anyone on that schedule before the last four games, I think the Big East is hosed out of the Meineke

Duke- Army-- anyone of those guys I list as "WIN" and they are unliekly to make it, imo

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363
  • Days Won:  0

Army might... but I think Duke might be a surprise... it's in Durham, and the Blue Devils almost beat Wake Forest this weekend... who knows what will happen in two months...

That is why I keep Navy on my Games to Watch list each week.  I will start adding records for Week 4.

Waitwait... they play football at Dook?