• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

No Basketball games on ESPN...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

FROM GREG'S BLOG: http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/

No Big East TV games for Bulls

The Big East unveiled its TV schedule for the 2006-07 men's basketball conference season on Thursday, with 46 league games split among CBS, ABC, ESPN, ESPN2 and even ESPNU. And of those 92 TV appearances for Big East teams, the league gave zero -- not a one -- to USF and Cincinnati.

Breaking down the appearances, you can tell who the power players are in the conference, with eight teams drawing eight TV games or more: Pittsburgh leads with 11, followed by Georgetown, Louisville and Villanova with 10, Syracuse with 9 and Connecticut, Marquette and Notre Dame 8 each.

From there, it drops off considerably, with DePaul (5), West Virginia (4), Providence and St. John's (3), Rutgers (2) and Seton Hall (1). But none for the Bulls and Bearcats? As Dr. Evil would say, throw 'em a fricking bone here, right? (Can I say that on a blog?) I'm a guy who's annually annoyed that every MLB team gets an All-Star just so they're represented, but it seems fair that if you've got 92 TV appearances, you could bump your 11th Pitt game and televise USF-Cincy on ESPNU and have everybody on board.

Now if the Bulls can somehow get to the Big East Tournament at Madison Square Gardens -- and again, only the top 12 teams go, so there will be some overachieving required to get there -- then the Bulls will have a league TV appearance, as every game there is televised. It'll probably take five league wins to get there, and the schedule helps a bit -- USF gets DePaul, Rutgers and Providence (three teams likely to finish in the bottom six) at home, plus a second game at DePaul to finish the season.

And not to forget football: Andre Hall, already cut by the Bucs and Bears, has a workout with the Buffalo Bills scheduled for Tuesday, hoping he can make a spot on the team's practice squad. He'll fly to Buffalo on Monday and should know within a day or two if there's a place for him in Buffalo's future. The Bills already have eight players on their practice squad, including one running back in Fred Jackson from tiny Coe College, so he'll have to show enough to make the Bills cut someone else ...

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

If I never attended the university Of South Florida I wouldnt want to watch that team play on espn either.  how can we blame espn for this?  We can only blame our ad for not doing what is needed to get out basketball program on track.  What a shame, we get zero respect.  

greg wrote:

Now if the Bulls can somehow get to the Big East Tournament at Madison Square Gardens -- and again, only the top 12 teams go, so there will be some overachieving required to get there -- then the Bulls will have a league TV appearance, as every game there is televised. It'll probably take five league wins to get there, and the schedule helps a bit -- USF gets DePaul, Rutgers and Providence (three teams likely to finish in the bottom six) at home, plus a second game at DePaul to finish the season.

Wasnt it herman who said yesterday how we are lucky to get the easier teams in the big east at home so we might be able to pull out some wins we usually wouldnt get.  But knowing our track record we will lose those games at home anyway.   :'(

Thanks goodness its football season.  

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i would think they would throw usf a bone!

the adminstration decided to keep rmc and this is what they get

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

this is total crap each school should gat at least one game even if they play a top power or they play each other at  least one.

i am a little suprised the BE would not insist on this but $$$$$ counts more than basic intergrity