• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

(5/8 =zero) So will Coach get another player?

Guest BasketBull.

Guest BasketBull.

Is it too late to get somebody that's Big East material?

I'd rather we give it to a walk-on for one year, that way we don't commit to a scrub for two or four years. (Just one guy's opinion!)

[...]The board also rescinded the so-called "5-8" rule, which allowed a school to award five basketball scholarships in one year or eight scholarships in a two-year period.

"With so much progress having been made, combined with the pieces already in place, the 5-8 rule probably was unnecessary," Hemenway said.[...]

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=1792535

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Days Won:  0

I don't think there is anyone out there that is BE material unless he is a "project".

If I were coach I would either go after a JUCO for immediate help or analyze out team by grad class and see where we may need some balance so we don't take an significant graduation hit in any single year.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

we should hold that scolie for next year when we can get a be quality highschool prospect to start cementing the future or give it  to a walkon for one year so it is available the following year when we should hopefully be on BE propects radar

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

without the 5/8 rule, we don't need to "Save" schollies, unless we are in financial trouble... sign someone now and later.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550

Chances are there's nobody still out there who's a) Big East material and B) South Florida material.

Any walk-on would be essentially a practice body - so I don't see the point in paying for a walk-on. Usually talented walk-ons result when you have more players than scholarships, not the other way around.

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  505

Didn't I hear that Graham may get another year?  If so he would be worth the 1 scholarship and it would only be for 1 year.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

"May" is the keyword... i haven't heard one way or the other.  He participated in senior night, but that may have been just in case he didn't play this year, to show respect, since he was a senior... but if he is still enrolled, he can play.

Guest UFGator28
Is it too late to get somebody that's Big East material?

I'd rather we give it to a walk-on for one year, that way we don't commit to a scrub for two or four years. (Just one guy's opinion!)

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=1792535

USF will be lucky if you get D2 talent.

Seriously, how bad can your team be?  1 win in CUSA last year? Instead of worrying about "Big East" talent, focus on winning 2 games next year.  That would be a start.  

USF will get pounded in the Big East.....

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

USF will be lucky if you get D2 talent.

Seriously, how bad can your team be?  1 win in CUSA last year? Instead of worrying about "Big East" talent, focus on winning 2 games next year.  That would be a start.  

USF will get pounded in the Big East.....

i smell a gnat...