• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Student Government Question?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532
  • Days Won:  0

Our hands are tied by state law.  The current way the USF System is structured, we can not use the fee funds for other branchs.  We are currently working with the administration to look into ways of co-operating with other branch SG's better.  That would allow them to get into the same deals we do, while using their funds.  We hope to fix this problem soon.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

The problem with A&S fees only be used per campus is due to the fact that each campus wants its own student government.  Under state law, the student government at each university is responsible for allocating A&S fees to be used to benefit their students.  Because the St. Pete campus wants to have its own student government, it controls the A&S fees paid by the students at the St. Pete campus.  Thus, the A&S fees at St. Pete campus can be used to subsidize the cost of away game tickets if it so chooses.  If you either are a student of a satellite campus, or know a student at a satellite campus, TELL THEM TO CONTACT THEIR STUDENT GOVERNMENT REPRESENTATIVES!

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

can somebody buy, somebody a student ticket to the game, if they give them their student u number?  or does each person have to be there to get one, as i won't be able to purchase one till monday.

can somebody buy, somebody a student ticket to the game, if they give them their student u number?  or does each person have to be there to get one, as i won't be able to purchase one till monday.

I'll be honest... I am not sure.  I'll e-mail the question right now to our student life director.  

You may be able to... you need... AT LEAST... the U number.  I'll make sure, but for now I would say yes.

The problem with A&S fees only be used per campus is due to the fact that each campus wants its own student government.  Under state law, the student government at each university is responsible for allocating A&S fees to be used to benefit their students.  Because the St. Pete campus wants to have its own student government, it controls the A&S fees paid by the students at the St. Pete campus.  Thus, the A&S fees at St. Pete campus can be used to subsidize the cost of away game tickets if it so chooses.  If you either are a student of a satellite campus, or know a student at a satellite campus, TELL THEM TO CONTACT THEIR STUDENT GOVERNMENT REPRESENTATIVES!

Exactly what I was trying to say... thank you.

Still the same, we are trying to work out comunication to help these SG's get these deals, or at least know they can!

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  695

This has been quite informative and I appreciate the answers to the questions. I will let my daughter know as she attends the St. Pete campus.

Offical ticket information will be advertised in the Oracle for two days.

All you need are

1) Name(s)

2) U-number(s)

(yes you can buy multiple tickets, with valid U-numbers)

Expect them to release the tickets late this week or early next week.  Less than 500 left (80 or so given as prizes).  Large lists of U-numbers are expected, get in early!

Remember, CURRENT TAMPA CAMPUS STUDENTS ONLY!

Unless your branch campus is offering a deal, please remember you CAN still buy tickets from the athletic dept on athletics website.

SG Tickets should be on sale tomorrow (Friday) at the Marshall Center Info Desk

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  2,307

SG Tickets should be on sale tomorrow (Friday) at the Marshall Center Info Desk

Thank you!!  I'll definitely be buying them tomorrow!!

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Just was down at the Marshall Center and they don't have the tickets yet.

"we won't get the tickets till later today [Friday], and by the time we get them and put them in the system it won't be till Monday till they go on sale."

So it looks like it will be Monday.

USF03, you know anything else?