• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Season Projections

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Long lunch today! Figured I'd give my last minute predictions. These are assuming a) Grothe will start eventually, B) Watson and co are redshirted for whatever reason, & c) Ponton, JJ, and Chambers suspended only 2 games.

- McNeese State - Both QBs play, stays close a little early. Offense will be vanilla as USF is working in several new guys on that side of the ball. USF takes off in the 2nd quarter and comfortably wins. Much like FAMU last year (1-0)

- FIU - Very vanilla offense again. FIU's offense move a little early with Samuel Smith causing some problems. Defense takes over and USF wins this one in the 2nd half comfotably. (2-0)

- @ UCF - First test of the year. Two things concern me 1) UCF will have seen a very good defense in Florida the week before and will have an idea of what to expect from USF speed/power wise. 2) UCF has this game circled squred stared and smiley faced. UCF puts up a fight, USF offense plays well enough to win a close one, problems in UCF's back 7 end up hurting them. (3-0)

- @ Kansas - Road game in Kansas who is coming off a road test @ Toldeo. Kansas isn't very good and their defense is replacing most of their starters. This is the 1st tough defense the offense faces this season. This is a low scoring affair however. USF pulls out a tough road win    (4-0)

- Rutgers - Come in for a Friday night test at RJS, thus a drop in attendance. USF offense should be a little more comfortable as they are starting to gel. Rutgers comes in with the 1-2 punch of Raymell Rice and Brian Leonard (Rice hurt us last year). Defense in for a tough test as the running game beats into a shallow D-Line. USF offense responds well but without a great RB like Andre Hall whose running ability ended up putting this game away at Rutgers last year. Rutgers pulls off a tough road win (4-1)

- UConn - USF gets back at a team that killed their BE title hopes in a nadly played game in Connecticut. Offense plays stellar and QB play from Grothe using the weakness of the UConn front 7 to his advantage on the run and short passes along with the running from Moise Plancher. USF defense socks it to a bad UConn line to win this one by a few scors (5-1)

- @ UNC - This game worries me, UNC will have played three of the best defenses in the country in Va Tech, Clemson, and Miami...they will be very ready for ours. Further, it is our 7th game in 7 weeks and depth might become a problem. I think the UNC offense will be a lot better than most believe because of former Nebraska QB Joe Dailey is a good QB who is surrounded by decent players in RB Ronnie McGill and WR Jesse Holley. UNC pulls out a close one. (5-2)

- @ Cincinnati - Cincy is still growing and is returning all of their starters this game had landmine all over it. However, I think the lack of quality skill players hurts Cincy, and the game should be pretty similar to last years. USF wins by a couple scores. (6-2)

- Pittsburgh - A week off helps! USF goes against a MUCH improved Pitt team which is returning several of last year's offensive playmakers. The Oline of Pitt will be in question as they have lost some talent. The USF running game will be a key to the win as Pitt's secondary will prove to be one of the best in the country by this time. I think Pitt will be the suprise of the season and wins this close low scoring game, USF's youth at key offensive positions hurts in the end. Pitt will finish 2nd in the Big East. (6-3)

- Syracuse - Plain and simple the worst team in the Big East. A new offensive coordinator help a little, Cuse is a few years away from being a factor in the BE. Their Defense will be improved also, but i doubt they have anything that will be much of a problem...another rough year and loss for Cuse. (7-3)

- @ Louisville - They're pissed, we destroyed them last season and made them look really bad. USF's Defense will have it's toughest test with Brohm and Bush led offense that will probably be one of the highest scoring in the country. Louisville wins a game that is close early, but pulls away in the end...THis is my Big East Conference winner (7-4)

- @ WVU - WVU will very good, they will also have a target on them in every game. We play this game very closely as Pat white and Steve Slaton are contained, forcing White to have to throw the ball something he was a lil shakey at times. USF's offense will be put to the test with a good defense. WVU wins what will be a very close game and something to build on heading into the bowl game (7-5)

Analysis: This season will have a few rough spots because of the number of young guys we are expected to be playing. Some games will have inconsistent play on offense and as a result the defense will be forced to pick up the slack. The resuts of this season will be all positive as Grothe and Plancher will have gotten valuable time to learn and adjust to the college game. Giving way to a very bright future in 2007 when the harder part of our schedule comes to RJS.