• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

for my friend 83

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i came across this in my internet world travels and i thought you would enjoy it

DOLPHINS NOTEBOOK

Linehan: Dolphins are `scary'BY DAVID J. NEAL AND ARMANDO SALGUERO

asalguero@MiamiHerald.com

St. Louis Rams coach Scott Linehan knows the Dolphins and they know him. But familiarity definitely doesn't breed contempt in this instance.

''It's getting kind of scary as I look at them,'' Linehan said Monday as his team prepared for Thursday's preseason finale at Dolphin Stadium. ``That's going to be a fun team to watch this year.''

Before leaving for the Rams job, Linehan helped sell the Dolphins on bringing Daunte Culpepper back to his native state.

''I certainly felt Miami was his best option,'' Linehan said. ``I know there were some other options that maybe were going to transpire. I really wanted to do as much as I could do, if anything, to help him end up there. In my mind, that would be the best place. It was home. It was a familiar system. I think the components were there as far as the staff, the players and what he brings to the table as a leader.''

Culpepper appreciates the endorsement.

''First off, I love him,'' Culpepper said in a statement. ``He's a great coach. The one thing that stands out about him that I love is that he's the type of coach who can get his point across to you as a player and really not change a whole lot about you, but can get you to see what he sees. I think that's a quality a good coach always has.''

Linehan said he has talked often with Saban, and ``I've stolen a bunch of stuff from him, trust me.''

Saban, meanwhile, appreciates Linehan's contribution of installing an offense Miami still runs.

''His contribution here will never be forgotten,'' Saban said. ``We certainly want to see him be successful in what he is doing.''

SETTING GOALS

Third-string quarterback Cleo Lemon is expected to get perhaps the most playing time he has received this preseason Thursday.

''I just wanted to continue to get better,'' Lemon said. ``I'm a developing guy. So I'm just trying to hone in on my skills, get my skill level up and hopefully one day be a starter in this league.''

THIS AND THAT

• Saban has said he might use receiver Marcus Vick at quarterback.

• The Rams' backup quarterback is Gus Frerotte, last year's starter for the Dolphins. He is expected to play.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

ya i saw that.... Thanks Smazza