• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

jayson williams

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,086
  • Days Won:  172

guilty or not guilty

i say guilty

The outcome of Jayson Williams' manslaughter trial remains to be seen. Regardless of the verdict, I think Williams and his wife should serve lengthy jail terms for naming their new daughter Whizdom.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,464
  • Days Won:  0

guilty or not guilty

i say guilty

Wow, mark this thread, SMAZZA actually believes a man of color is guilty and is not playing the race card!  Wasnt the limo driver Greek? Was he not asking for it by standing in the same room with this psycho?  I think you just dont like him cuz he shot his dog and you are an animal lover. ;D

you are asking for it though

you are asking for it though

I thought I would get you to bite but you are a tough NUT to crack ;)

i didn't notice the line about  williams killing the dog

i would find him guilty of shooting greek after I found out he shot his own dog for sport.this guy doesn't deserve to live.

he has no respect for any form of life

as for my nuts, we will leave that for another discussion

i didn't notice the line about  williams killing the dog

i would find him guilty of shooting greek after I found out he shot his own dog for sport.this guy doesn't deserve to live.

he has no respect for any form of life

as for my nuts, we will leave that for another discussion

The courts wouldnt allow the dog evidence in court or the fact that he had been in trouble for firing a gun in the air outside MSG a few years ago.  Have you ever heard the story about the dog?  He had a rottweiller and he thought it was a very vicious gaurd dog.  I will go find a news story and post that. This was a big story as prosecution wanted to show this guy has previous issues with guns but judge thought it sways jury to much.  

By Jeffrey Gold

ASSOCIATED PRESS

3:56 p.m. February 4, 2004

SOMERVILLE, N.J. – Jayson Williams won key pretrial rulings in his manslaughter case as a state judge refused to allow prosecutors to introduce evidence that the retired NBA star killed his dog with a shotgun and then ordered a witness at gunpoint to bury the animal.

Superior Court Judge Edward M. Coleman also Wednesday declined to permit the jury to hear about a pistol discharge at the Meadowlands sports complex that resulted in Williams being ordered to make speeches and place advertisements warning of mixing alcohol and firearms.

The defense had opposed the two-pronged motion, with lawyer Joseph A. Hayden Jr. saying, "It is a strategic attempt by the prosecution to smear Mr. Williams in the eyes of the jury and deny him a fair trial."

Assistant Hunterdon County Prosecutor Katharine L. Errickson argued that evidence about Williams' previous carelessness with guns was relevant.

"He knew the dangers of guns and alcohol, not from the abstract, but from his own experience in life," she said.

The judge noted the dog episode would be very likely to inflame the jury against Williams and that the Meadowlands incident happened eight years before the shooting for which Williams is on trial.

Williams, 35, faces seven charges, including aggravated manslaughter and witness tampering, that could carry up to 55 years in prison.

The retired New Jersey Nets center is accused of shooting and killing limousine driver Costas "Gus" Christofi at Williams' Hunterdon County mansion on Feb. 14, 2002, then trying to cover up the shotgun shooting. Williams says the shooting at his Alexandria Township home was a tragic accident.

Errickson said the shooting of Zeus, a Rottweiler, took place on Aug. 8 or 9, 2001, between 2 a.m. and 3 a.m., according to a sworn statement from Dwayne Schintzius, a former NBA player who was living at Williams' mansion and working out with him in the hope of making a comeback.

The incident happened after Williams, Schintzius and another friend, Chris Duckery, returned from drinking at the Mountain View Chalet, she said. That is the same restaurant Williams and friends had been at before the Christofi shooting.

Schintzius, in a sworn interview, said he bet Williams $100 that he could drag Zeus out of the house. After Williams accepted, Schintzius pulled the dog outside by his hind legs, the prosecutor said.

Williams went upstairs and returned with a shotgun. "He blasts one round into the side of the dog, and another into his head, in Schintzius' words, almost decapitating him," Errickson told the judge.

Williams then loaded two more rounds into the shotgun, pointed it at Schintzius, and said, "Shinbone, get this ... dog off my porch, or you're next," the prosecutor said. Schintzius and Duckery complied, and buried the dog, she said.

A statement issued Wednesday by Williams' father, E.J. Williams, called Schintzius "unstable" and his story "a blatant lie."

The other gun incident was in 1994. Williams was charged with reckless endangerment and possession of a weapon after a shot hit the hubcap of an unoccupied security vehicle outside the Meadowlands Arena in East Rutherford. The charges were dropped a year later, after he completed a program for first offenders.

Both sides agreed Wednesday that prosecutors would not introduce any evidence that Williams had a connection to organized crime or to the use of illegal drugs or steroids.

No such evidence, if it exists, has been made public. Neither side could comment outside court because Coleman has imposed a gag order.

In other rulings Wednesday, Coleman said he would permit evidence that a blood test of Williams eight hours after the shooting showed alcohol in his system, but not that the level was 0.12 percent, which is above the legal limit for driving.

JURY  deliberation is over as I understand it.

i wonder what they are holding verdict for?

i hope  he frys.He is a bad human

JURY  deliberation is over as I understand it.

i wonder what they are holding verdict for?

i hope  he frys.He is a bad human

I saw in paper this morning that jury had agreed on most charges but had two left that they were hung on and judge told them to keep deliberating.  

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

not guilty of manslaughter, guilty of tampering