• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Since we might not have a game next Saturday...

Guest wildrover

Guest wildrover

The men's soccer home opener is tonight.  Some of you might be Jonesin so bad for a football fix that this may be a good appetizer.  I know there are some soccer haters that could care less but if you've ever been on the fence about watching "the beautiful game" this USF men's team might be the perfect reason to get into the most popular game in the world.  They have the ability to really make some noise nationally this year which is only good for USF.  

So, here's the receipe, tons of Bulls fans wanting their Bulls football fix, the possibility of not getting it when planned, an opportunity to get a futbol fix and watch what is possibly the strongest team USF has ever fielded for any of their team sports.  I know where I'll be at 7:30

The University of South Florida men’s soccer team (1-0-0) hosts the Fordham Rams (0-0-0) in the home opener of the 2006 season on Sunday, Aug. 27 at 7:30 p.m.

The Bulls are coming off a 1-0 win over in-state rival FIU and will be looking to improve their record to 2-0 following Sunday’s contest. Defender Joris Claessens was the hero in Friday’s win over the Golden Panthers, scoring the game’s lone goal in the 23rd minute. Goalkeeper Dane Brenner and the USF defense will be looking for the team’s second-straight shutout, following Friday’s 1-0 blanking of FIU. The clean sheet was the 13th of Brenner’s career and the 21st under head coach George Kiefer.

The Bulls enter Sunday’s contest having won the last 10 home contests, dating back to  last year’s 6-3 win over Jacksonville.

Sunday’s contest marks the season opener for Fordham. The Rams finished the 2005 season with an 8-5-5 (2-4-3 A10) record.

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=575869

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

I'll be there...and there will still be a football game Saturday.

Guest wildrover

I hope you're right but you know how cautious these Universities can be.  With that being said, if the idea of not being able to go toRay J puts just one person in the soccer stadium tonight, then I'm okay with letting people think that.

• Topic Count:  137
  • Content Count:  866

I third the motion... I'll see ya'll this evening.  This team really could be special.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

The game will be played

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

We'll be playing Saturday. Lates track has the storm hitting South of Tampa and being East of the area when it passes on Wednesday. Seeing as to how much this track has moved the last day I wouldn't be surprised if it keeps tracking more East of us.

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  737

Im getting ready for a "HurriKeg" party.  It should be awesome.  The game had better not be cancelled though  >:(

• Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

It doesn't look like it's going to be a brutally awful storm but it will still wreak some havoc. They may do what they made the Gators do last year - move a game up to the afternoon because of curfews or because they don't want people to try and get home in the dark with no traffic signals or street lights.