• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Old USF FB Foe AR:Why didn't H.Nutt go to NE?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

Per ESPN.com, his only returning offensive starter is Matt Jones.  He's losing 18 starters.  Holy Wow! :o

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1790105

• Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

Too bad we don't play them this upcoming season!

No kidding!  :)

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

Well, if I went 8-4 every year and got offered a job where the last guy got fired for going 9-3, I wouldn't take it either.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

NE high expectations hope callahan delivers

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

I hope callahan falls flat on his face. NEB fans are the second most obnoxious fans after Gaytor fans I have run across.  I actually met a NEB fan who was trying to take credit for FSU becoming good because they played NEB back in the 80's.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

ark job is better the NEB job these days

callahan will do well in NEB I think\

but who knows

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

I hope callahan falls flat on his face. NEB fans are the second most obnoxious fans after Gaytor fans I have run across.  I actually met a NEB fan who was trying to take credit for FSU becoming good because they played NEB back in the 80's.

NE fans are classy fans with very few exceptions

however, the AD is a total pinhead

Bullshiznitz,

I'd beg to differ from your comparison of NE fans.  Nationally they are known as one of the classiest groups of fans.  All groups have their obnoxious a**holes.  Some more than others.  There are numerous schools better known for crappy fans - CO, ND, LSU, USM, etc.  Wow, that's right.  YOU ACTUALLY THINK NE FANS ARE WORSE THAN USM FANS!  UNBELIEVABLE!  I put USM & UF fans on the same plateau.

In regards to FSU, NE isn't per se responsible for them being good but NE is the team FSU used to get national prominence.  Back in the early 80s, think '81 or '82, FSU traveled to Lincoln and beat the Huskers and then beat the Huskers in Tallahasse the next yr.  From that point on you can arguably say that's when FSU became nationally prominent and a recruiting machine.

You can also say the same for Miami.  Schnellenberger put together a good team in '83 and was able to get ranked 4 or 5.  While Miami played a great game in the '84 Orange Bowl there were a lot of cards that fell Miami's way that day.  The game was played on the 'Canes home field in the Orange Bowl, Heisman Trophy winner Mike Rozier severly sprained his ankle and missed 3 qtrs, and Tom Osbourne's went for the win instead of the guaranteed NC and tie on the last play of the game.  Without that win and championship, Jimmy Johnson may never of came to UM and there may have never been more NC's for the 'Canes.  

FWIW, I am an Omaha native and the C'huskers were my team until the Bulls started football.  I do know at little Husker history biased or not.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687

Nebraska will never be the top dog again in my opinion. Besides the in state talent and some other midwest states, who else would really want to go to Nebraska.  No offense to the state or the people of Nebraska, but it isnt a very appealing state aesthetically or weather wise.