• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

TBO: Redshirt Decisions Will Wait

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

TAMPA - University of South Florida coach Jim Leavitt said a decision will not be made whether to redshirt senior LT Thed Watson and senior DT Tavarious Robinson until late August.

“Thed’s doing really good,†Leavitt said. “It’s going to be harder now deciding what to do with him. I’d like to have him for next year. If we have enough depth, we can do it. I don’t know yet. It’s close. We’ll see.

“Tavarious, I think we’ll be able to redshirt him. I do [have the final say] with Tavarious and Thed. Not normally, but I do with those guys. I’m going to determine their fate. That’s the way it’s going to be with those two."

STILL OUT: Junior NT Julian Riley, who transferred from Florida this summer and received an NCAA appeal to play this season, hasn’t practiced because of an ankle injury.

“I don’t know if he’s good or not because he hasn’t practiced,†Leavitt said.

Other Bulls slowed by injuries include: OG Danny Tolley (pelvis), DE Josh Smiley (foot) and TE Ben Busbee (shoulder).

!THREE OF A KIND: S Nate Allen, DE Aaron Harris and WR Carlton Mitchell, of Gaither, have been the most impressive newcomers after the first week of practice, Leavitt said.

“The freshman offensive line also is a pretty good group,†Leavitt said. “One of the best groups we’ve had with Jeff Ides and Zach Hermann.â€Â

ODDS AND ENDS: Former QB Marquel Blackwell threw to the Bulls’ wide receivers Monday. … Leavitt said all four QBs – Pat Julmiste, Matt Grothe, Grant Gregory and Anthony Severino  did well Monday. “Maybe I should, but I don’t feel uneasy about our quarterbacks,†Leavitt said. “There are more positions I’m concerned about.†Other standouts included RB Corby Erskin and TE Devin Gordon. … Walk-on senior OL Warren Garrison can not practice until the school determines if he has any remaining eligibility.

Brett McMurphy

http://www.tbo.com/sports/bulls/MGB8TPQMVQE.html

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

“Maybe I should, but I don’t feel uneasy about our quarterbacks,†Leavitt said. “There are more positions I’m concerned about.â€Â

I feel good about it too coach.

Looking forward to this weekend's scrimmage.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

“Maybe I should, but I don’t feel uneasy about our quarterbacks,†Leavitt said. “There are more positions I’m concerned about.â€Â

FORGET GUTIEST CALL

THIS IS THE SCARIEST QUOTE

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

HE SHOULD WAIT UNTIL LAST POSsIBLE MINUTE TO REDSHIRT ANY PLAYERS

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

FORGET GUTSIEST CALL

THIS IS THE SCARIEST QUOTE

I love it. Your the best smazza. I am laughing out loud. Really not just some stupid LOL I am dying.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

I do [have the final say] with Tavarious and Thed. Not normally, but I do with those guys. I’m going to determine their fate. That’s the way it’s going to be with those two."

We know whose boss !

smazza has been hitting home runs lately.  ;D