• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Exposure VS Attendance?

Guest wildrover

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

wildover- you make an astute observation.

monday at 4pm on labor is filler. a time slot nobody wants but if  TV is your only goal.YOU TAKE IT.

USF'S PRIMARY GOAL IT APPEARS IS GET ON TV AT ALL COSTS.that appears to be the direction.

ultimately the team will have to win

• Topic Count:  1,148
  • Content Count:  6,502
  • Days Won:  0

You can win all your games folks but if people don't see ya nationally are they gonna know ya?  NOPE.

Exposure now a days fellas is what get you noticed and helps recruiting and that will win you CHAMPIONSHIPS!

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

So my question is, what does "Exposure" do for us that outweighs having people in the seats.

What it hopefully does is generate more interest in the team so that the question becomes is it better to have more people in the seats for THAT game or to grow the number of people in the seats for the future games. Obviously the product put on the field has to prove to those that are getting "exposed" that it is worth watching but with out the expusure in the first place we'll never get anything more then small number of die hards. I think the halloween move last year was a completely different issue though, I doubt that on a night where most families are outside with their families that it gave us much exposure so in that case I think we lost attendance without much (if any) benefit of added exposure.

btw, I seem to recall that the decision was supposed to be reached by last week. Has there been any official announcement?

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

imagine ALL those UM alumni ticket holders from out of town that now have the BIGGEST HOME game of the year on a MONDAY NIGHT.

But they seem to have taken in stride.

Guest wildrover
The equation is pretty simple--

I agree that some fans have voiced opposition to this move but all I hear about is how it impacts them personally or others like them. IF you want to hold a grudge about it-- that is your business. But no schedule will ever be perfect if you are not willing to be somewhat flexible every now and then.

No Grudge here, I didn't take anything personally regarding scheduling, that would be foolish, seeing as how the powers that be don't know me I fail to see how they could make it a personal thing against me when they make the schedule.  I think this argumentis flawed.  EVen Smazza, who has voiced his personal problem with moving the game, didn't say it was a move against him he was just voicing his point of discontent, nothing more.  

Just because you say the equation is simple doesn't mean the implications of that equation are.  There would not be such a debate otherwise.  Given our "moving game" history and the impact it has had on attendance I think I can speak from trends when I say it hasn't been a good thing.  I'm sure the money is a good thing but I sometimes wonder if they aren't sacarficing the long run for the short run gain of the cash.  Anybody who went to the Louisville game last year knows the air and intensity was complelty different from the Halloween game.  People wanted to come back after Louisville and did but Halloween was something of a disappoitment, nothing to get people there except the die hards.  

I'm not sure Pitt will hurt attendance that much given the day and time but I will say that comparing it to Miami and FSU is a huge fallacy.  We would be the opening act, the show people kinda watch while waiting for the main act.  I'm not necessarily opposed to that for this game but this sort of TV at any cost is gonna have us on a Tuesday night before long in front of 20k fans, I'm just not so sure its worth it.

fsu /miami was always monday night and they are to of the best teams in he nation.

what is your point cubanbull?

i guess the small minority got  a break thanks to PItt

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

we need T.V. exposure

all BE teams need it

all CUSA teams need it.

win,go to bowl games and you will get plenty of tv games without having to switch dates after schedule is published