• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

parents sue kid

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,086
  • Days Won:  172

Anna Kournikova is being sued by her parents, who say the tennis player has taken over the waterfront home the three jointly own.

Getty Images

Anna Kournikova is being sued by her parents, who claim she has taken over their Miami Beach house.    

Sergei and Alla Kournikova filed the lawsuit last week in Miami-Dade Circuit Court. They want the seven-bedroom home "partitioned," meaning they want money for their share of the home. It was bought for $5 million in 2000.

Her agent, David Schwab, said Thursday he was unaware of the lawsuit and had no immediate comment.

Kournikova has never won a tournament and is known mostly for her supermodel looks. The 22-year-old Russian has not played competitive tennis in more than a year because of injuries.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

When are people going to get over that she never won a tournament? I'll bet if you look at all the players on the WTA circuit, it's only a small percentage who are able to break through and win a tournament.

She did make the Semis of Wimbledon, which is probably harder than winning most tournaments, anyway...and she does have a couple of Grand Slam doubles titles to her credit.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

Tennis players are judged on winning major titles... anything else isn't important.  Her popularity comes from her looks, not her tennis skills.  If she was ugly, no one would care about her... even with coming in 2nd at wimbledon.  She's above average, but well below great.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,464
  • Days Won:  0

Tennis players are judged on winning major titles... anything else isn't important.  Her popularity comes from her looks, not her tennis skills.  If she was ugly, no one would care about her... even with coming in 2nd at wimbledon.  She's above average, but well below great.

Since I am not a fan of tennis since conners?mcenroe days I will agree with VG that she is a star cuz of her looks and if she was ugly not a person on this board would know who she is.  That said she is by far my fav tennis player and I would go watch her play and there is not one other tennis player I would go watch play

Lots of people are stars because of their looks - yet nobody complains. People don't rave about Brittney Spears' singing ability, for example yet she's often called a 'pop diva', etc.

As far as tennis, I would much rather watch one of those hot russian chicks over Martina Navritolova - there is a certain entertainment value that Martina lacks so don't tell me tennis players are judged only by the ability to win tournaments. The women's game is not on the same level as the men's game anyway, so if a tennis fan was only interested in the best-quality play they would ignore the women's game completely. The top female pros are about the same level as college-level men. (When was the last time you heard somebody complain that a male college tennis player was known only for his looks and not his ability to win tournaments.)

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,086
  • Days Won:  172

MM- brittany spears has no singing ability.

she can dance , has personality,pretty with a 10 body to match

That's my whole point - most of the time somebody brings up Anna K, they mention how here tennis ability is incongruent with the amount of attention she receives. But I never hear people say "Brittney Spears can't sing" when she comes up.

Maybe people expect pop singers to be manufactured sex symbols, while tennis players are held to a different standard.