• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

first pick in nfl draft

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,464
  • Days Won:  0

4089369b-00163-01523-400cbb49

i was watching when it all went down.I don't have to dig.This happened before my eyes.

they are all spinning now.

why would I a viewer or fan ever listen to a word  marty S ever uttered? i wouldn't.

a stand up guy?

the redskins,chiefs and chargers would disagree.and he isn't a good coach.

he jettisons all veterans were ever he goes.

He does not jettison all vets everywhere he goes and I highly doubt KC was not happy with him nor was cleveland.  Washington he left cuz snyder was such an ass.  How did you see what Archie said to Schottenheimer? You were at the meeting? I say you are full of ****! I dont believe for a minute that you were at the meeting between the two or like half of usa you saw what Archie said on ESPN.  Big difference if that is what you are saying.  Opinions are like a-holes, everyone has one and me and you must have large a-holes cuz we have texas sized opinions.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

they fired him in washington  because vets were closer to owner than him. green and bruce smith wanted  him out of DC

he jettisoned seau , harrison,wiley and I could go on and on

i told you what I saw on TV.I told you what i heard from the participants.I never said or implied I was any meeting. I can't help you any further.You are simply not connecting the dots.

You said you saw what happened before your eyes. I assumed you were in the meeting since Archie and Marty have not been together on any media outlets together?  I think you talk out of your ass. I connected the dots but they didn't make a pretty picture.  

Schottenheimer's demise was due to one thing -- and one thing only: his refusal to cede final authority over personnel matters to a general manager. Several sources close to the negotiations said Snyder would have kept Schottenheimer had he agreed to accept a strong GM with personnel control.

Snyder believes that while Schottenheimer is a good coach, his personnel skills are not as good. Privately, Snyder railed against Schottenheimer's decision to not bring in a veteran quarterback other than the enigmatic Jeff George to training camp last summer.

Still, after an 0-5 start Schottenheimer won eight of his last 11 games as the Redskins head coach, mirroring the 8-8 finish after an 0-5 start in Joe Gibbs' first season in 1981. Gibbs went on to win three Super Bowls in Washington.

The veterans who had been angered by Schottenheimer -- such as cornerback Darrell Green and defensive end Bruce Smith -- came to believe late in the season that he could be the right coach for the Redskins over the long haul.

But he won't get that chance. Snyder would not discuss his negotiation with Schottenheimer and his agent, Tom Condon, except to say that they met several times Sunday before concluding that Schottenheimer would not return as head coach.

kr-you have your version and I have mine

this eli manning is quite the baby

oops.jpg

Trade of Manning Is a Real Capper

Quarterback, so upset after Chargers draft him No. 1 that he refuses to wear their headgear, ends up happy when they deal him to Giants

kr-you have your version and I have mine

this eli manning is quite the baby

oops.jpg

Trade of Manning Is a Real Capper

Quarterback, so upset after Chargers draft him No. 1 that he refuses to wear their headgear, ends up happy when they deal him to Giants

He held up the jersey for the cameras.  He also talked to media before Giants picked and told them he will not sign with SD and will go to Law school!  Guy has got to be nuts as I would much rather play for a loser then be a loser I mean lawyer  ;D

One year ago, even after they suffered the second-worst playoff collapse in NFL history, the Giants thought they were on their way to the Super Bowl. They responded by winning four games.

Now they are starting a rookie quarterback. There will be no talk of the Super Bowl this year.

The Giants are no better than a 6-10 team and rookie coach Tom Coughlin has a built-in excuse. Rookie quarterbacks don't win in the NFL. The Giants made a huge investment in Eli Manning, but before it can pay off in '05, there is a price that must be paid this season.

Manning is going to get swallowed up by scheming defensive coordinators until he figures things out and the game slows down. By year two, the Giants will be legitimate Super Bowl contenders.

For now, you can just imagine what must be going on in the defensive meeting rooms around the NFC East as they start formulating game plans to welcome Manning in a special way to the NFL.

"I'm always concerned about great coaches coaching against our team," Giants GM Ernie Accorsi said yesterday. "I'd be concerned even if it was a veteran quarterback."

Philly's blitz-happy coordinator Jimmy Johnson is going to throw everything at Manning. Washington's Joe Gibbs hired Gregg Williams, who didn't make the playoffs in his three seasons as Buffalo's head coach, but was one of the best defensive coordinators when he was in Tennessee. He believes in the Buddy Ryan 46 defense, which means pressure and more pressure. And in Dallas? Bill Parcells, who knows a little about getting into a quarterback's head, just might come up with a few new tricks for Manning.

"It's always difficult when they step into the league," Williams said yesterday from the Redskins offices. "You can show some disguises against a young guy that a veteran has seen. It's a team game and if his teammates rally around him and they are able to run the football and max protect - you better be able to help out a young quarterback. They get rattled when they get hit."

Manning opens against Johnson and the Eagles in Philadelphia on Sept. 12. "That first game against the Eagles, he's going to see more things than he saw in his career at Ole Miss," one coach said yesterday.

The next week, Manning gets Williams and the Redskins at Giants Stadium. On Oct. 10, in the fifth game, he gets his first taste of Parcells and the Cowboys.

Is Williams happy to be facing Manning rather than Kerry Collins so early in the season? "Anytime you have a young guy, you would rather face him as soon as possible," he said. "Eli comes from a tremendous family. If there is going to be a prepared one, I bet Archie and Peyton do everything they can to help him out. There is going to be a learning curve, no doubt about it."

The Giants will lighten the playbook for Manning at the beginning, not wanting to give him too much too soon. But he's a quick study like his brother, so by mid-season, he will be a different player.

Collins was cut yesterday, and Neil O'Donnell - perfect to play the role of mentor - may be on the way. As much as the Giants veterans may not like to hear it, this season is dedicated to the development of Manning. Accorsi and Coughlin have not gone through all this for Manning to sit and learn. He will play and learn.

Accorsi will not concede Manning will start the opener. And he dismisses any suggestion the Giants are kissing off the season. They are confident Manning can step in and win right away. No matter when a quarterback first takes over, the learning curve can be painful, so the Giants might as well get it out of the way immediately.

The Giants will put a better team around Manning than Collins had last season. They get back their injured players, who will be supplemented by a Patriots-style attack on free agency, which means inexpensive no-name role players who play bigger than their contracts. Then there is the schedule. The Giants have only two non-division games against playoff teams from last season - the Packers and Ravens.

I believe the Giants are sacrificing the potential for a wild-card season this year to make a run at the ring in the near future. That's an acceptable trade-off. Obviously, they didn't believe Collins would get them to any more Super Bowls. Collins had his moments, but he was a reflection of his team: Inconsistent.

The Giants will get Manning's baby steps out of the way now, and by his second season, the investment will start to pay off.

Ever heard of dan marino? He lad his team to the super bowl as a rookie and had the second highest QB rating of his career as a rookie.  John Elway led denver to playoffs in his rookie year.  It is unusual but not unrealistic.

yeah,i want to see eli manning lead the giants anywhere.

look at the coaches of fish and broncos had.those teams had some pretty good players.

i will enjoy my cowboys pounding eli making him wish  he stayed in sunny SD instead  of  improving and always tough NFC EAST

yeah,i want to see eli manning lead the giants anywhere.

look at the coaches of fish and broncos had.those teams had some pretty good players.

i will enjoy my cowboys pounding eli making him wish  he stayed in sunny SD instead  of  improving and always tough NFC EAST

Dan Reeves is a great coach? I agree that both went to decent teams ecspecially Miami but are you saying if Eli went to SD they would be better then the G men? SD has a terrible owner and Giants dont.

sd owner is one of worst that is true but giants ain't winning anytime soon