• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

fuller/gambling/nfl

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

it goes hand and hand

i am sure he isn't only one

Baltimore Ravens cornerback Corey Fuller was charged with hosting high-stakes card games at his house, the site of a shootout three months ago.

Getty Images

Corey Fuller faces a possible five-year prison sentence and $5K fine.  

He was released on $5,000 bail Tuesday night after a search warrant was served at the house. The felony charge carries a possible five-year state prison sentence and $5,000 fine.

State law allows card players to gamble up to $10 a hand, but sheriff's spokeswoman Linda Butler said Wednesday some pots were worth thousands of dollars, and games were held several times a week.

When some 20 law enforcement officers broke up the game, called "Georgia skins," they seized "thousands of dollars" that were on the table, Butler said.

"We have been made aware of the situation. We are gathering information," Ravens spokesman Chad Steele said Wednesday.

Fuller's agent, Roosevelt Barnes, did not immediately return a call.

Authorities were unsure if the shooting was related to the card games.

"It's being explored, but at this point we don't have anything to suggest that," Butler said.

Fuller, a nine-year veteran out of Florida State, reported exchanging gunfire with an intruder outside his home in January. No one was injured and about 20 shots were fired. Fuller offered a $10,000 reward for information leading to an arrest.

The investigation began in February, and an undercover agent with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement attended some games.

Eleven people were at Fuller's home at the time of the raid, and eight were arrested, Butler said. Five others are being sought on warrants.

All but one were from Tallahassee and none of the others charged was an athlete

i wonder who he pissed off

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,464
  • Days Won:  0

My family has made most of their money through illegal gambling so I guess I should be in jail too :-[

if this isn't a black/racial thing I am  a monkey's uncle

they raided him for a card game?

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

if this isn't a black/racial thing I am  a monkey's uncle

they raided him for a card game?

How do you come up with this crap?  They raided a high stakes card game that has been going on for a while.

You are just as bad as a racist.

there you are. always there, ready to take off your hood and and defend something that is obviously racial.

a high stakes card game? are you out of your mind?You don't think fuller was targeted ?  If not for his color,than for what? becaause he is a old athlete?

you are not stupid so i will assume you are naive.

IN miami, there are high stakes card games every mile.

crap? if it was you getting arresting for playing cards you wouldn't think it is crap.

don't you want your cops patrolling streets looking for bad guys that try to take your property or try to physically hurt you.

why does it bother you when I point out racially motivated conduct?

Are you running for the position of grand dragon or something?

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

You are a Monkey's Uncle... what is with you and the race card today... that is the 3rd thing you've claimed to be racist motivated today.  I've heard of many high stakes card games being raided, its not that uncommon.

than,i  live in a part of the country that has never heard of such a thing.I have never even read about such a raid.

please if you ever come across one,where particiapnts aren't famous or black I would love to read it.

i am sure there are more racially motivated examples of abuse by police.It is early, I will find more.

vg- it is good to know you are keeping score

than,i  live in a part of the country that has never heard of such a thing.I have never even read about such a raid.

please if you ever come across one,where particiapnts aren't famous or black I would love to read it.

i am sure there are more racially motivated examples of abuse by police.It is early, I will find more.

vg- it is good to know you are keeping score

I believe there were over 40 shots fired in his front yard and is the reason the cops were there.   I read somehwre that someone came up to fuller and pulled a gun on him so Fuller walked back inside his house and pulled out his own gun and they started blasting away.  Somehow neither hit a frigging thing.    I know I have not seen or heard of many hi stake card games busted myself and I grew up in the biz so to speak.  I remember when I was in high school I came home really drunk and was in our living room watching TV and my dad had one of his big games going in the kitchen.  A bunch of sirens went off on TV and al of a sudden you saw 10 big italians running all around my house with cash flying everywhere.  They were relieved it was tv but were ready to kill me.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I even had one gambling ring broken up in my home town about 8 years ago, maybe more.  I can't find the article, but i found a yahoo link that expired.

Portsmouth NH guide for Seacoast New Hampshire and Southern Maine including Kennbunkport and York County, ME. Local news from 7 papers, entertainment, classifieds, yellow pages, real estate ... The former Seabrook man first generated headlines in 1991 after ... a raid on an illegal gambling operation in Salisbury, Mass ... the Cinderella Project of New Hampshire from 6:30 to ...

The person was fairly well known, only b/c the town only had 3000 people at the time, certainly not a celebrity.  He now owns the town XXX theatre, which is has caused an even bigger stir in the very conservative little town.  

That is just one case i know of off the top of my head, but there are more.

I even had one gambling ring broken up in my home town about 8 years ago, maybe more.  I can't find the article, but i found a yahoo link that expired.

The person was fairly well known, only b/c the town only had 3000 people at the time, certainly not a celebrity.  He now owns the town XXX theatre, which is has caused an even bigger stir in the very conservative little town.  

That is just one case i know of off the top of my head, but there are more.

Thats sounds like a bookie as opposed to a card game.  There is a big differnece.  Many in my family have been pinched for illegal booking, cards NO.