• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

question for Eric Soncrat

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  617
  • Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

Is it true that a football season ticket holder who is making a donation to the athletic association to receive a preferred seating location will lose the seating privileges if he/she specifies the donation go towards a particular sport such as softball?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  1,158

SRQ:

We do require gifts that are associated with preferred seats for football and men's basketball be made to the Stampede Athletic Fund, which allows us to direct the money towards our needs at the time.  This allows us to take care of funding all of our sports needs.  There are a handful of people who have historically supported women's sports and we grandfathered them in several years ago to allow them to continue that support.

For some sports, we have created coaches clubs which allow individuals not wanting preferred seating for football or men's basketball to support the sport of their choice.  Their are currently coaches clubs set up for baseball, men's soccer, women's soccer and volleyball.  If you are interested in supporting a sport not listed above, you can make a gift to that sport and receive 100 percent tax deductibility as there are no tangible benefits.  We encourage you to do so whether it is to softball, golf, sailing, cheerleading, etc.

We currently don't have one for the sports not listed because those coaches haven't decided to set one up.  We are currently working on setting one up for men's golf.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask here or email me at soncrant@admin.usf.edu.  Thanks for the question.

Eric

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

you can make a gift to that sport and receive 100 percent tax deductibility as there are no tangible benefits.  cheerleading.

Certainly plenty of intangibles for this sport.  ;D