• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

YOUR Tampa Bay Lightning

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

MOOOOOOOOOOOG,  I was never a huge fan but he was best we had for a while though he always played his worse the farther the team went.  Craig Janney went to prep school with my cousin at Deerfield academy and they were pretty good friends. I have not heard that name in years and I was a huge fan of his too. He was a great passer and stick handler but maybe the weakest guy to ever play in the NHL.  If you want t small B's player that was tough as nails, remember "the Rat" Ken Linesman? That was one tough little sob.  My idol growing up was Ray Bourque of course, I also loved Gord Kluzak, Rick Middleton, Cam Neely, Jay Murphy,  Keith Crowder,  Mike Krushelniski  etc...  

haha... Linsmen... my uncle hated linsmen.. he called him the rat too... i used to think it was just my uncle's nickname for him, but i can see how people thought that... he was one ugly sob.  I was really in to bruins hockey around the time that linsmen, neely, borque, murphy, kluzak, middleton, lemelin, moog, and a few others were there.  The "lights out" edmonton finals was a heart breaker.  

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,464
  • Days Won:  0

haha... Linsmen... my uncle hated linsmen.. he called him the rat too... i used to think it was just my uncle's nickname for him, but i can see how people thought that... he was one ugly sob.  I was really in to bruins hockey around the time that linsmen, neely, borque, murphy, kluzak, middleton, lemelin, moog, and a few others were there.  The "lights out" edmonton finals was a heart breaker.  

The 5 game sweep to edmonton did suck.  The B's were awesome then but the Oilers had the hall of fame team. Gretzky, Kurri, Messier, tikannen, anderson, coffey, lowe, fuhr, etc...  I was a huge fan of The rat which was linesman's nickname.  he was probably 5 foot 8 150 pounds and he would level people and was in everyones face all the time.  He was mean and dirty.

other players i liked during that era...

a few bruisers:  Bob Beers, Mike Milbury (psycho), Lyndon Byers

Also deserving mention:

Randy Burridge, Bob Carpenter (shattered a kneecap in a hit once...ouch),

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

You going to jump on the devil rays bandwagon in 6 or 7 years too?

Not that long. It'll be next year as part of the cycle ......

2003 Bucs - Super Bowl

2004 Lightning - Stanley Cup

2005 Rays - World Series

2006 Bulls -  National Champions

8)

I think you should put bulls national champions as 2005 and rays 2006... that way the Rays don't destroy the momentum in 05.  ;)

I think you should put bulls national champions as 2005 and rays 2006... that way the Rays don't destroy the momentum in 05.  ;)

Come on , Vg, I'M a realist!! It will take 2005 for the Bulls to get their name out there enough to be included in the 2006 pre-season polls. You know you've got to have that to have any chance to compete for NC .........

I'm an optimist... we can do it!

Bump ...............