• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Keep the faith in USF basketball!

Guest BasketBull.

Guest BasketBull.

I know like some of you (from your posts), I'm a little disappointed in this year's recruiting also.

However, whatever happens, we all know that USF basketball is going to have a great future. To be in the best-ever conference in college basketball is going to make future USF teams awesome. There is only one direction for the program-- UP!

---We just have to hang in there. Heck, we waited forever for football...

GO BULLS!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

I think one problem people are having (with respect to the perception of this year's group) is we don't have the coach standing up on signing day, talking about how happy he is with the class and talking about what he envisions for each guy. Let's face it, Mccullum doesn't do "face time" the way Seth did. And you know, it doesn't matter what the coach says, or any so-called recruiting guru says NOW - it's RESULTS that count and what we are all looking for.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i am happy he is working and not mugging for camera

i have the faith

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

i am happy he is working and not mugging for camera

i have the faith

That's one thing I have faith in is CRM's work ethic, coaching ability, and level headed decision making.  W's beget good recruits and good recruits beget W's.  It's a vicious cycle.  While this recruiting class is appears to be just adequate I know RCM will make the difference up in coaching ability.  Another thing is the team is definitely deeper on paper than it was on the court in 2004-2005.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

I actually think USF did well in recruiting this season considering that we are rebuilding and had a very bad year. Coach McCullum did a decent job in recruiting IMO. I really think Collin Dennis will be a big plus for USF. Also that kid from Georgia is not too shaby either. We will be fine. I cant wait until we start basketball season again.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

One qustion-will we have the shortest team ever to play in the BE?

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

it is definitely possible, but i doubt it.

But we'll have (2-diarra, jones) 6'10 players, (1-leather) 6'9, (1-brigman) 6'8, (2 -petrevikus(sp?), Mobley) 6'5, so that likely isn't the shortest ever.

Swift kinda ruins the curve though.

Swift 5'10

Mosley 6'1 at best

Holmes 6'1 at best

Bryant 6'2 or 6'3

Waters 6'3

Dennis 6'3

Graham 6'3, if he is back

Overall, out team is not short, just not deep at the big positions.   We might not have any 7'0 players, but most teams don't.  Diarra and Leather are as big and strong as most players at their positions.  Diarra obviously has alot of work to do, but Leather has been excellent, strong on the block, good footwork, soft touch, good mid range jumper, even hit the outside shot on many occasions.

We even have moderate height at the guard position, except for swift.   Dennis, if playing pt at all, is tall for a PG, but he may split time at 2, in whatever playing time he actually gets.

Swift plays taller than 5'10 on offense, but plays about 4'10 on defense.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

Good new...Swift won't play in the BE.  He's a senior next yr.  And yea he's definitely a defensive liability.  Bad new, neither will Leather  :(.  Hoping Jones will pick up that slack and Diarra will find some athleticism.  Bulls could have some starting size at the 4/5 w/those two in the first yr of BE play.  BTW our guards will be 6' plus to w/Collins Holmes & Prekevius.  Wonder if Mobley could play the 3?

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

If Mobley plays the 3, he should be like Mark Jackson, and we all clear out and he back down the smaller weaker guard and dunk over them all night, or kick out for an open 3.  ;)