• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

yankees go to win

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i don't know what boston is doing

Javier Vazquez is about to get his first taste of the Yankees-Red Sox rivalry. Pedro Martinez, though, will sit out the first series between Boston and New York since last fall's thrilling AL championship series, won by the Yankees in the 11th inning of Game 7.

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

It's simple.  It's called a 5 man rotation.  Pedro is slated to pitch on his normal day on Thursday against Baltimore.

Friday:  Wakefield

Saturday:  Schilling

Sunday:  Arroyo (#5 starter)

Monday:  Lowe

He's not "sitting it out" he's just not scheduled to pitch.

Geez, Smazz, anything to try and dog the Red Sox and Petey.  Are you really a Giant fan, or are you a bandwagon Yankee fan/Sox hater?

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,464
  • Days Won:  0

It's simple.  It's called a 5 man rotation.  Pedro is slated to pitch on his normal day on Thursday against Baltimore.

Friday:  Wakefield

Saturday:  Schilling

Sunday:  Arroyo (#5 starter)

Monday:  Lowe

He's not "sitting it out" he's just not scheduled to pitch.

Geez, Smazz, anything to try and dog the Red Sox and Petey.  Are you really a Giant fan, or are you a bandwagon Yankee fan/Sox hater?

Sox did get rained out last night and pedro never has complained about getting an extra day off. I am surprised that Pedro is not going in a 4 game series and I heard that curt would be pitching fri night in game one on national TV. Curt is the man and is saying and doing all the right things. He really seems to hate the yanks and I love that!

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Article on RedSox.com today said that Francona was looking for a way to insert Wakes betwen Petey and Curt, and the rainout allowed him to do that without affecting Pedro's scheduled start.

I don't think Pedro is getting an extra day's rest.  He's pitching on Thursday like he was scheduled to.  Lowe was scheduled to pitch Tuesday, Wakefield was scheduled for today, and Petey for Thursday.  Now Lowe is to pitch tonight (rain-out again) and Petey stays on Thursday, but Wakes picks up Friday now.  Curt is getting the extra day.

brown wins 3rd straight today

Article on RedSox.com today said that Francona was looking for a way to insert Wakes betwen Petey and Curt, and the rainout allowed him to do that without affecting Pedro's scheduled start.

I don't think Pedro is getting an extra day's rest.  He's pitching on Thursday like he was scheduled to.  Lowe was scheduled to pitch Tuesday, Wakefield was scheduled for today, and Petey for Thursday.  Now Lowe is to pitch tonight (rain-out again) and Petey stays on Thursday, but Wakes picks up Friday now.  Curt is getting the extra day.

I understand that but in past Petey has always liked the extra day off and schilling has not.  I think pedro should be pitching at home vs yanks. Pitch arroyo today and then have pedro, curt, wake and lowe.  Yanks are sending their best 4 out and so should we. I dont thin yanks and sox should ever play 4 game series against the yanks w/out using their best two at least.  I saw the schedule breakdown and the way it is now, pedro will pitch against yanks when they go to NY at end of month and schiling wil not pitch. I bet you see schilling try and get a start at yankee stadium as he is a gamer.

brown wins 3rd straight today

I know you will start a new thread on this later when you read it in paper but for first time in MLB history the same team has started pitchers who won their 200th game in back to back starts in Mussina and Brown.

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

He really seems to hate the yanks and I love that!

screw curt

Yanks RULE!

kr- i never did start that thred

kr- i never did start that thred

I am waiting two more weeks.  I see Curt did alright vs yanks? Pedro beat Cy Halladay again, looking good for sox fans.