• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What Happened With Our Offense?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  18
  • Days Won:  0

I posted many times last season about pulling Banks and QB problems, like many others.  The problem I have with this off-season is that what did we do to fix the major problems we had last season.  After the spring game it looks like the same team as last year.  We have a good defense but a question mark at offense.  We are still in the MB offense, spread with a QB that is not able to produce.  I hope with the new talent coming in that CJL will adjust and bring more balance on the offensive side.  But I have my questions and concerns.  Bottom line is we have an offense that is capable to produce but a coaching staff that is forcing the wrong game plan.  Someone please tell me that we will make adjustments and not just stick with what worked 2 years ago.  I strongly feel we have the talent to take CUSA but not with the offensive set-up we have in place.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

I feel your pain and I'm kinda torn ... partly play-calling, but mostly it's exacution by the players ... we do need better play by the QB.

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

... we do need better play by the QB.

We need better players at QB.

NAM37

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

We need better players at QB.

NAM37

a great coaching staff put a game plan in place to maximize the talent that you have. this is my only major complaint MB is gone you have banks and PJ play to THEIR strenghts not MB's

O line let us down last year bigtime if not for the rapid maturation of the defence we would have had a losing season and from wht i have heard it didn't seem to be a priority to make adjustments. seems from all statements that they are waiting and hoping for PJ to "GROW" into MB so they don't have to change the offensive scheme, IMHO.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

remember we have some great RB's coming in... we don't have them yet in the spring.  It will help out a lot, but Julmiste and Banks do need to improve.  Not sure why we would still be in the spread... i didn't see the spring game, but the spread would not be ideal imho.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

With a legitimate running game, Ronnie has the better arm.  He's my pick for QB but if the OL can't push any beef around then PJ is my pick.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

our o'line should go work on the Bern's steakhouse ranch, herding cattle (IE pushing beef around, as bulldoug says), they can only use their muscle and weight to move the herds of great tasting angus.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  919

I read somewhere that a lot more 2 back sets were used in the spring practice.  I hope this carries over to the fall when the RB's will be on campus.  

I'm hoping that the spread offense was used for the Spring game so as not to tip off Pitt to a change in our offensive scheme.  PLEASE???

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19

They went up against our D.  Not many people have good days offensively against them.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

if we stay in spread we will do worse offensively than last year

you have to run football to win and control clock

PJ is my choice. he deserves a chance. banks had his shot.

bank's arm wasn't  his problem.hios refusal to get rid of ball is what killed him.it was hte mental mistakes.he is fortunate i would have pulled him much sooner.