• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Marlins WS Champs

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

Quite impressive for a franchise just 10 years old. Beckett looked freakin awesome. Cant wait to the Steinbrenner blow up this offseason. The interesting thing will be that the Yanks will need to rebuild their pitching staff, and with no real front line pitcher out there (With Colon being the best available), the Yanks will have to pull off some major trades to land that A class pitcher.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I heard (from an unreliable source) that the Yanks are gonna fire Torre and hire Grady Little   :o :o

I think Grady is actually a good manager, despite one questionable decision.  He got the whole team to play as one unit... something that hasn't been done, probably since the 70's.  

This has potential, if by some stretch of the imagination-it happens, to further advance the curse.  What if the Yanks get Little, then win the WS!

Or

What if the yanks get little, and the sox grab Torre, then the yanks win!   :o

Somethign to think about, even if it is kinda far fetched!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  173

The Yankees pitching is solid, as is the rest of their team. The Marlins just out played them.

Now the Big Stein might dump a assistant coach or two but Torre is very safe IMO. Torre said as much on ESPN.

Big deal-- they won the Worlds Series again. I was more impressed by the first one than this one.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517
  • Days Won:  0

Big deal-- they won the Worlds Series again. I was more impressed by the first one than this one.

I hate the Marlins, personally (unless they're playing the Yankees), but this one was a lot more impressive. They bought the first one ......... and how many teams win a World Series in a year they had to change managers??

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

They bought the first one

Right. And why can't the Dodgers or Mets, who've have the biggest payrolls in baseball for a decade now, "buy" so much as a wildcard spot? For that matter why can't the Cubs or Red Sox "buy" a title?

I'm no Marlins apologist but the "bought" argument doesn't fly. They still have to play the games.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Right. And why can't the Dodgers or Mets, who've have the biggest payrolls in baseball for a decade now, "buy" so much as a wildcard spot? For that matter why can't the Cubs or Red Sox "buy" a title?

I'm no Marlins apologist but the "bought" argument doesn't fly. They still have to play the games.

Some are just more shrewd shoppers than others (see Snyder, Daniel) ......

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  173

What impressed me was that they could win so quickly after starting a new team. How they got there is not important since every team in the league had the same opportunity if not more so.