• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

is this the same Steve White that was an GA @ USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

Storm sign Steve White

Despite Shane Stafford becoming the Storm's all-time leader in completions, the Storm lose to Georgia 61-51.

Friday, March 24, 2006

The Storm could not overcome seven touchdown receptions by Chris Jackson of the Force and lost at Georgie Sunday 61-51.  

The Storm had the lead late in the first half, but a safety followed by a touchdown gave the Force a 28-23 lead, and the Force never looked back.

For the Storm Shane Stafford led the way, throwing for 316 yards, 5 touchdowns, but one costly interception.  Late in the game, Stafford passed Jay Gruden as the Storm's all-time leader in completions.

Tampa Bay (5-4) had a chance to tie Austin atop the Southeast Division, but instead fall into a three-way tie for second with Georgia and Orlando, which beat Austin on Saturday night. Austin is 6-3.

On Monday the team signed ex-Buc (and occasional WDAE guest) Steve White to play lineman. White was with the Bucs from 1996-2001.

Next up for the Storm is the Utah Blaze, Saturday night at the St. Pete Times Forum.  Pre-game will start at 7:15 on the Sports Animal.

In advance of the game, the Storm had activated lineman Kevin Dogins and WR/DB Alphonso Roundtree off the Injured Reserve. Rod Williams is out for the year after having surgery on a torn Achilles, and Dogins saw his first Arena action after an eight-year NFL career that included time with the Bucs.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

thats is what I though.......... so he left USF for the AFL

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  894

He can probably do both.

Being a GA I'm sure he's not as entrenched in everything as a regular coach would be, plus the arena season ends in June and doesn't pick up again until February, so that would give him plenty of time to work with the team when it matters.

I could be wrong, just my thoughts.