• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Calhoun on PTI

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Gave USF props again...

the discussion was about how tough a league the new Big East is and its status as a mega conference.

Basically saying that you take a team like South Florida, who is 1-15 in league play, they are a good team and when you have that quality top to bottom, it is very difficult night in and night out.

For the argument that Calhoun had to be nice to mac, he sure is going out of his way over and over.

Darksiders... Commence blasting of this post... i'm not listening  :P

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

I don't think mac is a bad coach -- but at the end of the day "results matter."

He doesn't deliver.  he gets one more year to prove me wrong.  For the sake of our basketball program -- I hope he does.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

he gets one more year to prove me wrong.  

OR ELSE!

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  266

This shows that other coaches know what is being built here in Tampa, coaches know how to look past results to see when someone is building a program.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

He doesn't deliver.  he gets one more year to prove me wrong.  For the sake of our basketball program -- I hope he does.

Talk about talking out of both sides of your mouth. You do think he is a bad coach and you prior posts have suggested as such.

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

Yeah -- I take that back.  I was trying to be diplomatic.   I think our program is in really bad shap. .... much worse then people realize -- and I think he is one of the main reasons.  I think to pass up on a guy like huggins is just stupid.  

That decision is all ego and no brains.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  701

we'll get better, go Big East conference!!!!

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

do you think he fooled a anyone calling usf a quality team

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

They are a a top quality 7-22 basketball team.  They might be the best 7-22 basketball team in the country.  I will give you that

Guest S.  Bien

Well put without any fluff, exaggerations or anger.  Results do matter and he's proven as a coach he's good but the ability to maintain an entire program is still in question.  One more year, and for sure he has the weapons coming in so the excuses are moot- I expect all transfers to make it on the floor, and youngsters to contribute.  If most play to expectation then my expectations will be in the 14-18 win range.  Not unrealistic with Verdejo, Buckley, and Howard wandering the perimeters for us.

To me short of that will be disappointing and comparisons of improvement to last season should not be made.  This season was an anomoly, injuries, transfers...fine we can give Mac a mulligan, however he did a decent job shoring up those losses and misgivings by accepting some very skilled transfers.  I expect next season should be back on track, and it would be wrong to compare that season to this, since this one was suppose to be wrought with misfortune.