• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Woolard Pull This Turkey

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

Rezz do you ever make points or just compain about others posts.

nope all 1315 posts  have been cpmplaints about other posters.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

Not splash money around and hire the same person who EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD made fun of repeatedly back in the C-USA days, because he couldn't keep his players under control. You think the football team has an image and discipline problem - you haven't seen anything if Huggins were to ever coach at USF.

EXACTLY!!

what people fail to realize is that CRM was put in a lose-lose situation.  his first year here he had to completely clean house of all the guys Seth left him with.  then when he finally was able to go out there and get some recruits what happens...both the top recruits have season ending injuries before the season even starts.

i've said it over and over...coach K couldn't win 3 conference games with this team that we have right now in the conference that we are in.

you can not fire a coach because his players got hurt.  if next year CRM has a healthy squad and we are still last in the big east then it may be time to start to wonder if we need to look into a different direction.  

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

Your data on Mac getting rid of everyone the first year is just not correct.  Jimmy Baxter told him to "stick it" midway through the season (december is said "later).   Most of the guys from Seth's squad stuck around

Terrence Leather, Brian Swift, Brandon Brigman, Gerrick Morris, Bradley Mosely,  ALL Played major roles in his first year.  

And Mac's first year he went 1-15 in the conference and 7-20 overall.  

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

i've said it over and over...coach K couldn't win 3 conference games with this team that we have right now in the conference that we are in.

College basketball is all about coaching.  A good coach could coach any team (in college) and Coach K would have this Bulls team in the tourney, no question about it.  When you start winning kids start listening.  

Find a good teacher and you will find a good student.  

ps please dont compare Mac with those big east coaches.  Those guys didnt just get those jobs from nowhere.  Boeheim been at cuse for 100 years, Wright is the saleman of all salesman - charisma through the roof.  Jaime Dixon was an assisitant at PItt for all those years they were good and had major rapport.  Calhoun built a huge program around them.  They go there because the coach.  Examples:

Calipari - UMass (dont hear of them anymore)

Mark Few - Gonzaga

Coach K - Duke was terrible before he got there

John Thompson, Sr- built GTown

Bobby Knight - built IU

Mac doesnt have that swagger these guys have.  If you do not realize you have no people skills.  The guy is a lump thats why he gets paid 265 or whatever a year.  

Get a good coach and you win.  Have a bad coach and you lose, just like us.  Its that simple

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

I think that CRM is a good X & O coach, but his ultimate success will hinge on how well he can recruit.  If you can't recruit, then all the coaching ability in the world will not move a team to the next level.

Next season will be for his job and the pressure will be on for him to bring in players to be competitive.

I'll be rooting for him to succeed.  If he doesn't, I'm confidentk that DW will bring in some great candidates.

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

What is the definition of a good "X's and O's Coach."  Someone please fill me in on this.  The guy is 6-40 in three years of conference play.  He has won two conference games on the road in three years and failed to qualify for the conference tournament 2 of the last 3 years.

In 2003-04 we went 1-15 in conference play and this year we might not win a single game.

It's time to start talking facts.  I am tired of his defense being "injuries" and a "tough conference."

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

we had the money to change the  basketball coach

but we gave it to leavitt

ithat didnt help football as the best assistants than RAN OUT OF TOWN TAKING THE FIRST JOB OFFERED

USF'S PROGRAMS ARE CRUMBLING

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

MAYBE RMC is a great assistant but not a great head coach

i dont buy great x and o guy

i havent seen it

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

Me neither.  Every game that has come down to a last shot, we couldnt even get a clean shot off.  Its a guy trying to take another guy off the dribble, pump faking, leaning in and throwing up a prayer.  

Great X and O guy.