• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

big east basketball tourney

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

In a major conference...Yes

Major Program...No...under your logic; Northwestern, Kansas State, and Oregon State are major programs...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

I am starting to like this FloridaSportsFan fellow...

Keep it ncoming.  keeping forcing this conversation on this board.  They don't want to hear, but they need to.

A school that embraces a coach that has not had a single winning season since he has been here, and is currently leading a team with the longest losing streak in the programs history does not deserve a job.

You know this, I know this....and many more people know this.  Keep up the good work.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

You guys are killing me. Name any point in the last 10 years that USF has had some resemblance of a consistent "power" program. Point being, MAC has been here for 3 years, although he has not has a winning season yet, he's gotta have more time than three years.

WE ARE NOT UNC! We cannot expect a coach to come in and just turn a C-USA program into a powerhouse. You ahve to give him a break that he doesn't have a team that can compete with these big boys. Every school besides us and WVU in the Big East are teams that have been to the final four at some point in their existence. Many have won National Titles . If we were in the C-USA we're probably a .500 team now, but we decided to move up and time will be needed to get the bball team where the football team is.

This team is FAR from being a basketball powerhouse, if we're going to run a coach out after 3 years, how the hell do you expect the team to have time to build and adjust. AND DON'T SAY HUGGINS...It's not happening, we don't have the money.

Sit back and relax there will be a few rough seasons, but we will get there.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,496
  • Days Won:  13

How many teams in the Nation are winless in conference? 1 Your USF BULLS. Be proud

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,496
  • Days Won:  13

Dont get me wrong I am still a fan and root for them. I have been at every home game this yr with the exception of villanova (Had Senate that night)

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  0

Joe,

WVU made a final four back when they had Jerry West.  USF is the only BIG EAST team to not make a Final Four.

Also, on another note, we will never be a "UNC" with low expectations from comments like yours.  I tend to think we can be better with the right team in place (which we are quite close to having at USF already).  

GO BULLS

Guest rueben_horowitz

Joe - By your logic, we'll always be terrible, and all we can hope for is to be mediocre some day.

People who think we're a power are crazy, but those who think the BE won't draw recruits here with the right atmosphere are even crazier, imo. If we get a stud coach in here; we're big time, no question.

I just don't see where the improvement is going to come from with CRM at the helm. He can't keep players on the team, and he is yet to show he can recruit. We need 4yr players in here, not Juco's.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

having all 16 teams in tourney would help recruiting for bad teams like usf

this screw up will be fixed next year

big east will just have to rent garden for an extra day

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103
  • Days Won:  0

randy, you haven't been at every home game, you weren't at the one this weekend vs. rutgers, so right there your arguement is wrong, usf will make the big east tourny next year and at the best could be a NIT team, its quite possible with the team we have coming in next year.  the only really major threat we lose this year is soloman, james might have his good games every once in awhile, but hes not consistant.  we are not getting huggins or any other coach, you either support mac or don't support the team and leave them alone.  griff, we will be better next year, if we had one or two more players this year to put onto the court, we could have won a few games, but we didn't, wait till next year, you will see a completely different team

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

bush-go-bulls.jpg

why would anyone have a picture of this fool on the sports board