• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Leaving Wasn't Easy For USF's Kravitz

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  146
  • Days Won:  0

There's a difference between respect, admiration, confidence and being buddies.  For most of the players, Coach Leavitt is a very good coach that demands excellence from everyone involved with the program.  He is a tough coach on everyone, but with that, most if not all involved with the program respect him and have confidence in what he is doing.  However, that doesn't mean that everyone is looking to be his best friend.  As a former player, I take every opportunity I can to go back and visit players and coaches.  I always talk with Coach Leavitt and have a good relationship with him, but that doesn't mean he is loved by all.  That also is no reflection on his abilities as a coach.  In his position the most important thing he must have is respect, and that he has earned.  More than that can develop overtime if needed or wanted.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  289

While that still looks bad it's not near as bombastic as "their lowest paid asst coach is paid more than our highest" ..........

Is there a place to confirm all these figures?

Football coaches received $110,000 in bowl bonuses: $25,000 to O'Leary and the rest to nine assistants, who received an extra month's salary.

110,000 - 25,000 = 85,000

85,000 / 9 coaches = 9444.44 per month

9,444 * 12 months = 113,333 per year.  

Average UCF assistant coaching salary is $113,333.  I think this is average for D1A schools.

But if you look over their coaching histories you can see that most of them have done well at other schools.  Lance Thompson was the assistant Head Coach at LSU when they won their last NC.

Guest S.  Bien
There's a difference between respect, admiration, confidence and being buddies.  For most of the players, Coach Leavitt is a very good coach that demands excellence from everyone involved with the program.  He is a tough coach on everyone, but with that, most if not all involved with the program respect him and have confidence in what he is doing.  However, that doesn't mean that everyone is looking to be his best friend.  As a former player, I take every opportunity I can to go back and visit players and coaches.  I always talk with Coach Leavitt and have a good relationship with him, but that doesn't mean he is loved by all.  That also is no reflection on his abilities as a coach.  In his position the most important thing he must have is respect, and that he has earned.  More than that can develop overtime if needed or wanted.

Well put.

Guest S.  Bien

Leavitt does have a say...just like Spurrier did at USC, and GOL did at UCF...They both wouldn't of signed with either school if there wasn't top $$$$ to get assistant coaches/coordinators.

Spurrier took less $$$ to enlarge the $$ pool for his assistants and GOL wanted close to $200,000 so he can sign and hopefully keep his coordinators of his choosing.

Leavitt just got a raise to $1 Million...which was the time he should of asked more $$$$ for his assistants, but it looks like he didn't.

For a BCS School to only pay one of their Coordinators $100,000 doesn't reflect strong leadership from that program.

KL

The key word KL is 'partially'.  Everyone in the media is harping that Leavitt is/was 'underpaid', he's not making BCS minimum....the external pressures have forced the issue on his raise, in both instances the issues have spiralled out of control.  Clearly he can take less, and definitely he needs to get those guys more money, but this is only partially his issue.  We've got to make sure the cofers are there to put more in the bank.  Can you imagine how much the media would have crucified us had we not given Leavitt $1M, the BCS min?  Further, imagine would he have left for the reported $1.5M KSU was considering offering.

ex, best friends was strong.  But Leavitt and Kravitz were tight and they attend many functions together.  Jimbo was at his daughter's wedding to Doug Waechtler among many other things.  Hey, what does Rick have to worry his daughter's married to a major league pitcher.

Doug signed with USF.  I always wonder what could have been having Doug Waechtler waiting in the wings after MB graduated.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

Frankly it makes me pretty uneasy that the majority of ex-players on the board feel this way about Leavitt.  It would be nice to have a coach who inspires more admiration.....

heard bear bryant and lombardi were absolute ball busters. win and all is forgiven...memeries grow fonder with time and the growth of the legend

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

usf shouldnt be so influenced by outside forces

leavitt should have been paid based on performance  not potential

his constant extortion of the program  is tiresome

usf should have said goodbye to leavitt after this most recent extortion attempt

there are major problems with this program

usf isnt alabama or the green bay packers.we need a coach that get s it done and can mine the plethora of talent.leavitt isnt that guy.

he can not compete with west virginia,louisville and and pitt year in and year out